The waiting game

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
40 posts Page 1 of 3

janderson

Post by janderson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:53 pm
Hi All

Just a post to try to act as a stress release, we are in an IVA proposal and have a slight deferment until Monday for some of our creditors to consider further the proposal. My point is it is strssing us out, and with the weekedn ahead of us we will be round the bend by Monday, any tips or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

John

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:02 pm
Long walks,or alcohol. Hard to not think about it,but if the proposal is the best you can put forward then fingers crossed it goes ahead.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm
Trip to the cinema perhaps? Or visit friends?

Monday will soon be here and I also have everything crossed that it goes ok for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 pm
Good luck John, I hope it's accepted on Monday and you can finally celebrate x

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Try not to stress too much as you have put forward your best offer and the rest is down to negotiation. Hopefully it will be resolved on Monday and you can get on with your life but that does not make the weekend any less of a worry. When I am stressed I find playing card games a great way to relax [unless you play for money and lose].
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm
hey john
im wishing you all the best ok.
try what the others have suggested. ive been there and the waiting is truly horrible luckily i was working straight through until the day so that helped take my mind off it.
do anything you can-walking, dvds working etc.
this place is a great comfort. if you get too stressed jump on here and we will look after you until the day [:)]

janderson

Post by janderson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Hi All

Thanks for the suppotive messages, and Michael we hope the negotiations work out well for all of us. I will work on my local newspaper column this weekend and try to absorb my self in packing it with loads of stuff from wherever I can find it. The internet will be on overdrive this weekend.

Thanks

John[:)]hopfully

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:16 pm
Good idea John!

Lets hope the creditors have a productive weekend as well - you deserve a break.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

tori

Post by tori » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:59 pm
Good luck for monday John, i hope it's good news and that everything works out for you both..take care[:)]xx..
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 pm
Hi John good luck too from me!
Keep busy & watch dvds, get a takeaway, eat loads of chocolate - or better still Ice Cream! The Weekend will soon be over.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm
Keep busy, it'll soon fly by.
Best of luck from me also xxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

markss

Post by markss » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:01 pm
try not worry I am sure by monday night you will be wondering why you got stressed out. who is you iva co?

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:15 pm
Hi John...Good luck for Monday from me too,hope the weekend doesn't drag too much for you,..if you can, try to put it to the back of your mind and just concentrate on having yourself a lovely and relaxing weekend,doing something nice and Monday will be here before you know it with hopefully some really good news for you,you definately deserve some!!..we did this when we were waiting on our 14 day adjournment and it worked for us!!..will keep my fingers crossed for you...xx[:)]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:10 pm
John

You are in the very safest of hands, and I know that Michael will personally make it his business to try and get as many "yes" votes as he and his team can to support the IVA. It may be a low dividend, but you are trying your best and deserve to get the right result.

Keeping everything crossed for you!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 am
Mel, how are you aware that "Michael" is doing this IVA? - I am just curious.

Don't worry Janderson as whoever is putting your case forward knows what he/she is doing. Let them do the worrying for you. My advice is to get out of the house and do something with friends and family to take your mind off the matter. Good luck from me too.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
40 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”