The weekend started so well

16 posts Page 1 of 2

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sun May 18, 2008 1:48 pm
Well as you all know my IVA was accepted on Friday. On Saturday morning my wife was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I thought this weekend just gets better and better. Last night my cat died. Sorry but I had to tell someone. My wife is bereft and my mother in law complained because I asked her not to come over for lunch as she normally does. How can people be so selfish??
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:51 pm
oh ray.. how awful. my cat is 12 and i'm dreading day she goes.. i think people sometimes don't understand how much pets mean to us!!

hope your wife is feeling better
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 1:52 pm
As a loving owner of a very elderly Yorkshire Terrier, I can absolutely imagine how your are feeling Ray - it is just like losing one of the family, and I am so sorry to hear your news. Had he/she been poorly?

As for your MIL - she is obviously not a pet owner, because if she is she would obviously understand. I am sure that she did not meant to be selfish.

Have a quiet day with your wife and remember all the happy memories you have of your cat. All of your forum friends will be thinking of you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 18, 2008 3:27 pm
Ray, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We have a 14 year old lurcher who will probably be going to the big kennel in the sky sooner rather than later, and having lost two dogs previously (a fair few years ago, but I can still remember what it felt like), I do know what you are going through.

As Mel says, just remember the good times and grieve quietly by yourselves.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun May 18, 2008 3:40 pm
Oh Ray, how awful I don't pesonally own cats but do own two beautiful dogs and can only imagine how you're feeling. You take care and you and your wife have a quiet day x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun May 18, 2008 3:46 pm
Oh Ray, I'm so sorry. There really isn't anything that anyone can say, it's such a sad time when pets die, they really are a part of the family,
xx
It's nice to be back......

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 18, 2008 3:53 pm
Oh Ray, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's awful when pets die as they are part of the family. Like Melanie I'm sure you're MIL didn't mean to be selfish - some people just don't understand how much pets mean. Remember the good times with your cat, and hugs to you and your wife x

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sun May 18, 2008 3:56 pm
hi ray

i just wanted to say how sorry i am to hear about your cat!

thinking of you and your wife

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sun May 18, 2008 4:31 pm
Thanks for your good wishes friends. Having had a few hours to 'get my head around it' I realise it was her time to go. She has had a long and I hope happy life and she would have been 24 in July. I've taken her to a local vet who will have her cremated (for a fee) and I can then spread her ashes on the lawn where she spent hours sunning herself. Again thanks for your kind thoughts from me and Pauline.
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun May 18, 2008 4:33 pm
24 my word.. i'm worrying about mine who is 12!! she might have a long time with us yet.. she must have had a life like the Queen to live that long Ray!! My cats only got 3 legs so sometimes i think she looks a lot slower and immobile!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun May 18, 2008 7:01 pm
Ray ... so sorry to hear of your news.

I inherited my old mum's very elderly Yorkshire Terrier after she died seven years ... and earlier this year Bertie passed peacefully away in his sleep, under the stairs. It was essentially one of the last links I had with my mum.

He is now in my back garden, after we had a little 'service' and said a little prayer ... and every morning I go down and say 'hello' to him and my daughter has planted a miniature rose bush on him which has just started to bloom [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 7:03 pm
How old was Bertie when he died Debbie - my Jess is 14 and still acts like a puppy. Been pining and whining all weekend for her Dad - who has gone to Amsterdam with the boys!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun May 18, 2008 7:18 pm
He was about 15 Melanie.

He'd been fine ... apart from a bit of hair thinning on top like most men!! ... but he seemed to go 'downhill' after Christmas this year. A familiar story with the old folk in general this year I'm afraid.

Debbie
Debbie

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun May 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Ray
Really sorry to hear this. I lost my little doggie last year. Have a quiet day, dont worry about anything else

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

scooby0

Post by scooby0 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:09 pm
Sorry to hear of your loss Ray & Pauline.As said by others I'm sure MIL didn't mean to sound selfish.

24 what a grand age for an adoring cat.

Take care of each other and think of the joy and pleasure that you had.

xx
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for may”