... then another bus runs over your foot!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:22 am
Just an ironic side to what I am trying to sort out right now as a lot of you are already aware...

I am now faced with a letter from my Employer that says that the contract I am working at is closing in 6 weeks, so looks like I will have no option but to approach my IP to re-negotiate after all!

If it's not one thing it's another. I have an interview next week and maybe that will go well, but whatever I do, I will have a big shuffle to do, as a new employer will mean working in hand for a month... so there goes the well oiled Standing Orders and Direct Debits... That is one thing to say about manually paying bills, as you fully control it, if you CAN control it, but automated paying systems in this case, will be a burden!

Gordon

Try to develop the present to change the future that will enhance new memories of the past... www.thedotdots.com
Outreaching World Concerns
Last edited by dots on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 am
I am sure that your IP will be sympathetic Gordon, but I would warn them about the prospective change in your circumstances as soon as possible.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jpj

Post by jpj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 pm
Good luck Gordon... I cancelled all my standing orders and DDs when I entered my IVA and just pay them manually now. I even withdraw the cash from the bank for my IVA payments and walk up to my IP's bank and pay it in...I call it my monthly walk of shame...when my IVA is gone, and I get a small temptation to get some credit in a few years time, Im determined to look back on my walk of shame,say no, and tear up the credit agreement!! :o)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postbag for september”