They don`t make it any easier!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:15 pm
I spent the best part of 2 hours speaking to (or attempting to) with creditors for one of my clients. I could barely understand a word that was being said to me (I don`t mean by my clients) and I presumed that the debt had been farmed out to a call centre somewhere. This is a difficult enough situation for us without having the problem of language so please if you are listening please help us to understand what is happening with our accounts. Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:22 pm
That was the problem I had with MBNA Tony - I could hardly understand what they were saying, and what I could was rude and aggressive.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:29 pm
skippy

I am of the honest opinion of late that a lot of companies actually don`t want to assist us and I base that comment on what I have personally observed happening to people that I am working for. I have seen recently lenders point blank refusing to release leders references even though they have been paid to do so, lenders putting a type of restrictive order at the land registry on someone property and all the person did was to make an enquiring phone call. The active encouragement to take negative equity secured loans is frightening. And to top it all when we need to have details of our accounts we can`t even understand what is being said, I really don`t understand the direction of financial sevices at the moment, if strict regulation came in perhaps this would resolve some issues who knows. Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
CeMap Qualified
Debt Advisory 4U

suzz

Post by suzz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm
Hi Tony and Skippy probably this is a question at the iva meeting for the Leading Figure from the bank who may be attending.

Suzz

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:39 pm
They are determined to make life hard for us, and don't seem to appreciate that most of us didn't do any of this deliberately. OK, we shouldn't have borrowed the money, but maybe they shouldn't have lent it to me quite so easily, and maybe they should stop sending me letters for guaranteed loans and credit cards now I am bankrupt!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:40 pm
Good point Suzz. I won't be able to go to the meeting, but hopefully someone will be able to ask and report back.

Tony, please can you post your email address - I want to email you about our mortgage and I can't find your address. Thanks.

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:46 pm
skippy

Email address is antony.parsons@btopenworld.com

Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
CeMap Qualified
Debt Advisory 4U

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:05 pm
Thanks Tony, it should be winging it's way to you now!

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:40 pm
Hi Tony,

I have to say the experience you had on the phone today doesn't come as a complete shock. I can only imagine how hard it is for people who have bad english.

Hope this information is of use

Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for april”