Third annual review.

26 posts Page 2 of 2

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:38 pm
Maybe hubby should reposess mr Redmonds golf clubs........after all he helped pay for them LOL
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 pm
There is nothing set down in law or best practice requirements to say that the Supervisor has to speak to you. However, your case must be Supervised by staff of suitable experience and seniority and it's unwise for the IP to be outright unavailable.

In a bulk supplier I would expect that the non-director IPs would be easily contactable. Although the system often seems designed to prevent it, making the right noises or sending direct e-mails usually gets an appropriate reaction.

However, in this case, the IP is likely to be the Chairman of a PLC first, and an IP second. If you were able to get through to him, its likely he wouldn't actually know who you are. Whilst continually getting headed off at the pass could give you grounds for complaint against the Supervisor, that doesn't help you in any real terms and it's probably far better to find out who your specific "organ-grinder" (the IP in charge of the management of your case) is and to contact him/her. I believe I may be able to help a bit there, if asked to do so.

HTH

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

pedroblue

Post by pedroblue » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:16 pm
I'm sorry to Lady H as this seems to have opened a can of worms.
But guess what our IP is the same Mr Redmond.
When we went into our iva our eldest daughter had just started Uni and we weren't given any allowance to help her.I have in the past tried to get an increase on our food/household goods exp on the basis that she does come home about 5 months of the year,but this was rejected because she wasn't on our original proposal.She does have a part time job when she's away,but we would never dream of asking her for any contribution towards her upkeep,she needs all the money she can get.
Looking at the response as to how difficult it is to get any reasoning from these people,my wife and i have just decided to keep our heads down,pay what they want[as long as we can]until the whole episode comes to an end.
pb

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:29 pm
Hi
I wonder,in retrospect,how many people would opt for an IVA with a very large provider if they had to do it all again ??
My guess is not many
To Lady H,put your concerns and questions in writing to your IP and above all hang in there.
Two years left.............you can just about see the finish line
Regards
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 pm
In answer to Andy's question, if I had my time again I wouldn't go with a volume provider. I don't know if things would have worked out any different, but I think I would have had better advice and more chance of the IVA being successful with a smaller company.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:39 am
DFD have been very supportive and also responsive to our letters and calls. I have linked onto on lady in customer service who if we have any problems has always been about to resolve them and help us.

Every letter I have had to send them so far has been offering additional payments due to one off bonuses - we are nearing the first annual review, but because of husands £3000 pay rise in May I will have to let them know before review date of this increase otherwise they will class it as substantial and I will be deemed as having held back additional payments to our creditors - although our charimans reports states increase in payments after review date !

DFD are a big company, but still provide a good level of service to all their customers - unfortunately wherever you deal with people you always get good and bad - give DFD a chance - even smaller firms cause problems for people!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:32 am
That's a great post from Lulu indicating that so long as you have a regular point of contact within your IP firm who can give you advice and support, you possibly do not need direct contact with the IP - but it should always be available if you need to.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

neil277

Post by neil277 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm
Hi
Nice letter but you have to be more to the point yes petrol prices have gone up, you have no receipts then get receipts for next month and produce them.

Its not the company just a wicked person on the end of the telephone line, keep your letters very short and to the point and if you feel you are right then stand your ground.

Regards.

Neil

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 am
Admin has sent me your e-mail address ladyh and I have sent you mine so if you need some input let me know.

I would agree with what Neil has said - sounds like you've got a bit of a jobsworth there.

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
www.pdhl.co.uk

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm
Generally I would say you need to allow 7 days at least before hearing anything substantial, given that someone will have to look into the case. I can't see you getting a full answer in less than 14 days though given the issues you have raised. However, hopefully you will get an acknowledgement somewhat sooner than that - it costs nothing (a simple 2 line e-mail reply) and at least shows that someone is taking notice and that the matter is receiving attention.

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
www.pdhl.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:44 pm
normally DFD respond with a "have received your email" note and then it takes them a couple of days - saying that though what i have found is that when you have too many issues on one letter, they simply look for the issue that will result in more money to the creditors and not necessarily all of the letter - especially if it involves more than one department within the company.

I have found short snappy emails or letters get a better response from DFD than long winded ones
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for april”