This forum is a one stop shop for EVERYTHING

47 posts Page 2 of 4

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:42 am
Aww thanks Atlas. I wouldnt want to go through that first week again and I am hoping that will keep me away from them.

I have started going swimming and I walk a lot more and like you say, I can always tackle the weight afterwards.

Good luck.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 am
Well done Lily. Know what you mean about the weight gain though, my problems started when I gave up.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

wonder

Post by wonder » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am
Ladyh, ignore what people say about you looking ill if you lose too much. I'm 5'7 tall & weigh 10st 2 at the moment. I want to lose about half stone & I dont look ill. i think its a case of people getting used to you looking a certain way. Keep it up. x
Lili, keep up the good work, you will feel so much better if you can give up smoking for good. x
Last edited by wonder on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life goes on!!

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 pm
Hello althas and martgoingmad,...Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the social side of the forum[:D], glad you've found us as it's always nice to have a few newbies come on board[;)] and to wish you both lots of luck with the weight loss and also your creditors meeting this week, alphas...Good Luck...xx[:)]

Good luck to everyone else trying to lose weight or stop smoking at the moment as well...I'm on the old see food[:p] diet at the moment but could do with shifting a few pounds too so I may join (again[;)]) as well shortly.[:)]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 pm
Hiya hunnies

Dont know if this is helpful to anyone but I found this tea, its from a chinese health food shop. It works like that alli stuff which apparently costs a fortune.. It stop the fat in food being taken in, or stored... it squids it all out... yeah, quite literally. Squids, I guess nothing comes without suffering eh? We got three boxes for £20. I think you only take one cup per day, to be honest you would only want one cup per day. Perhaps want is the wrong word here, take one cup per day. Also I am not sure how many cups may end up as squids and how far away you may be from a squid catcher and we are not talking money here...

I am allowed to be 9 st 7 to 10 st 4. I am now 10 stone so within normal witha good BMI (according to Wii fit) if I go over this (and I am already from 9.7 to 10 st in two weeks. Its the squids for me. My sister has tried it. My box is as yet unopened.
LILY

wonder

Post by wonder » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:06 pm
Heard about that tea, tastes bad, but if it works??? The ideal weight thing is dependant on weather you're a man or woman, as they say you can be from say in my case 9 st 2 to about 11 & 1/2 stone so i generally think that is from a womans weight to a mans, as I would be quite fat at 11 & 1/2 stone. I feel quite fat at 10 st 2. My bmi is about 22- 23. I'm 5ft 7. I have lost about 3lb over the last week & half, but its going back on sadly cos of the birthday cake.[:I] oops!
Last edited by wonder on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life goes on!!

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 pm
I do understand that BMI is individual wonder. You have to take several things into consideration. What you do today will effect what you are in around 3 or 4 weeks too. Obviously us women go through other changes too so that has to go into the equation.

We shouldnt really worry about 'feelings' or making comparisons with others as what we think can be distorted. I have a stick thin friend who feels fat, she is always ill and I am sure would break in two if she bent over too far. She certainly looked better with more weight on.
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
I'm 5' 8" and I look ill if I go much below 11st and to be honest I don't want to be skinny. I'll settle for being llst as a healthy weight for me is 9st 7lb to 11st 10lb.

Lily, good luck with the tea - someone I work with was on the tablets and after she told me the side effects I decided I'd rather be fat!

wonder

Post by wonder » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 pm
The only thing that bothers me is my belly, i do hide it well as I hate showing it, but all my weight goes straight on my tum and I look pregnant sometimes(which at the moment I would love). So I would like to lose a bit. I know if i did sit ups or more exercise I might look ok. I know some people would say i was slim others that I was fat. We all have different views on ourselves. I think girls I work with look quite slim and i feel fat, but i know at size 12 Im not too bad. Just craving my younger years and used to be size 8-10, 3 years ago.
Life goes on!!

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 am
look great to me Wonder
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 am
My weight is straight on my tummy, if I had the money I'd have a tummy tuck no worries, wouldn't even think about the risks I'm that obsessed with it!

I need to start exercise as although I'm losing weight albeit slowly I know I'm not doing enough exercise. I'm sure I could re-shape my body with some effort...maybe tomorrow?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:26 am
Once I have got to the stage when I can lose no more, I am fortunate that I should be able to have a tummy tuck, and possibly other surgery to get rid of the loose skin.

At the moment I look ok with clothes on, i's a different story with them off!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 am
Thats great Jan and I am so pleased that youre still getting there and feeling much better.

I am a size 10 in jeans anyway, I dont like my tum either. At 5ft 2 I look very silly with a big tum and skinny legs. I have started swimming every week, I would love to join a gym but its way too expensive, I walk the dog but I dont think that will get rid of ugly tum. When I was a little bit bigger an oldish woman asked when my baby was due, I was wearing a very loose top, whoops.

Lesley, I would come with ya hun.

Jan I wouldnt even look in the mirror with my clothes off, I probably shoot myself.
Last edited by freelili on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

althas

Post by althas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:05 am
I guess it is different for us all and our mental perception of ourselves and how much the outside world influences us

My wife thinks she is out of shape and overweight and talks about wanting to loose half a stone. I personally think she looks amazing, I like a woman to look like a woman and not a stick/little girl kind of figure. But that's just me

I think the most important thing is how you FEEL in yourself and as long as you do not have real mental health issues and do not put yourself at risk, be what ever size you like. Just be sensible about it and enjoy life...............and birthday cake MMMmmmmMMmMMMMM [:P]
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:50 am
althas, I think that you liking a woman with a real figure is probably repesentative of many men as I know you can include my hubby in your viewpoint on this one.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
47 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “weight watchers club”