This is my last hope...

5 posts Page 1 of 1

munchkin77

Post by munchkin77 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:22 pm
Sorry for another whiny email...i have already posted just dont want to talk to friends about it and partner out... I am so nervous...

I had my drafting telephone call last night that went well and he sounded positive... he explained i will get the report sometime nextweek and meeting will be 3 weeks from date report received. I sent letters to all creditors yesterday witha atoken payment of £10 each and notes of my IP but i amsoooo nervous... spoke to my partner today who said the words that i have been thinking.... "if you dont get accepted your screwed..."

Its so true... this is my only way out and i feel sick withw orry. I had to come home from work today as had an asthma attack from the stress this is causing me.

My debt is as follows:

American Express £13k
Capital One £9k
Halifax £9k
Halifax £3k
Egg £5k
Egg £3k
Egg £3k
M&S £3k
HSBC £1.5k

Some people have said that Egg and Capital One have said no so i am so worried...sorry its just so upsetting!

Drowning Fast

Post by Drowning Fast » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 pm
I am sure you will get an answer from the Forum. I suffer from stress badly too. I was at work yesterday and my vision went beserk and I constantly get headaches/neck aches. I want a miracle to save me from this but know it is a long process, and it doesn't help when you are not so young either!!!
Warnz

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 pm
If you have chosen a good IP to represent you, then they will ensure that your proposal is presented to creditors in the best possible fashion, and so long as you are putting your best offer on the table, you ought to be able to guarantee success.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shrimp

Post by Shrimp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:32 pm
Hey....I am also suffering from stress attacks...have recently started a new job and am on an intensive training course, but am finding ot hard to concentrate as I'm so worried. I have yet to have an initial conversation with an IP although have had a letter to say that they are looking through my paperwork and will be in touch shortly.....no timescale though and I can't get through to the company on the phone....guess it gets busy when everyone gets home from work!!!

Anyway...the point of this long whiney post is just to say that you're not alone and at least your partner is stillo around, the bloke I was seeing walked away the day after I sat him down and explained that I was going to apply for an IVA (he always knew about the debt)!!!! Nice touch...but has stopped me from telling anyone else about it!!!

munchkin77

Post by munchkin77 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 pm
My proposal is £674 a month so am hoping that this will suffice.

Yeah partner is still around... he has been amazing and encouraged me to sort my debt out but for the past 2 years he has financially supported me as well ... he has paid for everything including my own clothes... its so degrading to think of the istuation i have got myself in to and how if this IVA does not go through how i have no way of financially solving the issue!

Gosh debt is such a horrid thing....if i get this IVA sorted then i should be debt free by the time i am 31 which is amazing... but cant think that far ahead yet as need to wait for the meeting etc!

gosh its nerve racking and i am not sure how i will cope waiting!

Shrimp i am sorry to hear that your man walked away... i wont give you all the stuff about how you are betteroff without someone like that etc as i expect right now thats not what you want to hear but i do feel for you. Just think though that if this IVA goes through how uplifting your life will be and how much more positive life will look! Take care and good luck with your job x
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”