"Those" letters have started!

33 posts Page 2 of 3

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 pm
My hubby and i have also got two of those letters today,gone straight in the bin ,our council will be pleased with our recycling !

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 am
My parrot loves junk mail it occupies her for hours. We dont need to buy a shreader.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

HuskyLou

Post by HuskyLou » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 am
Hubby & I got letters from Integrity (my ar$e) yesterday too, straight into recycle fodder too.
The future is alot closer than you think.

debbie.s

Post by debbie.s » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:31 am
I just had a phonecall today from someone in Glasgow saying we should't have been advised to go ahead with an IVA as they are meant for people who own property and as we are renting we should have been advised to go bankrupt. I told her it was my choice and that we were advised of all options, and we chose to pay as much back as we could afford.!!!!
900 62/62

debbie.s

Post by debbie.s » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am
We are also Melanies clients!!!
900 62/62

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 pm
Hi
I wonder if Melanie has any recourse against this company because they are basically stating that her clients have been miss advised...........utter rubbish as we all know
Access to the insolvency register really does need restricting or abolishing altogether
Regards
Andam Davies

debbie.s

Post by debbie.s » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 pm
I was wondering where they got my phone number from as we are ex directory!!
900 62/62

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 pm
Andy,

This is only my opinion of course, but I think that what people get really cheesed off with is that a mailshot can really, perhaps unwittingly of course, bring a person or a company's professional integrity into question.

That is not to say that everyone who is currently in an IVA should be there, there are plenty of people who have chosen what they consider to be the honourable route instead of what may be a better route, eg bankruptcy, but to call someone into question when grown people have made their own informed decision about which way they address their debt problems certainly would be enough to get anyones goat up, and apologising afterwards with a limp excuse is also not really good enough either.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

lily

Post by lily » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:29 pm
The insolvency service should be sending out warning letters to all. Its bound to confuse those people who dont know, dont have internet and who havent found the site.

Andy, as site manager, is it worth contacting someone like watchdog to get the rip off message out there???? They are targeting quite vunerable people. How many of us were as informed about these things before this site.
lily

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:39 pm
I agree and have signed the petition some time ago.

Clearly there are some groups who have legal and/or professional responsibilities to fulfil that involve the IVA register. Given that I can face sanctions if I fail to register those IVAs to which I am appointed then I would argue I must be able to access the database. Dealing with those who do not have those responsibilities but use the database for commercial reasons is rather more tricky I would suggest. Restraint of Trade springs to mind.

For example, is the need for a credit reference agency to access the register any more or any less than someone who uses it as a source (possibly the sole source) from which they derive their income? That's a question the government will no doubt at some time have to answer, and I wouldn't like to second -guess which way that one will go!

I have been aware for some time of this problem - way before the IVA Council et al started issuing stuff like this. As a consequence in my welcome letter following approval I warn every newly-approved client that they will receive unsolicited mail and why. Otherwise the fact that the correspondence discloses some rudimentary information about them gives the mailshot a false credibility. It is only the enlightened who post here. I wouldn't like to guess how many people, without access to this forum, blindly follow the proffered advice and wreck a perfectly good and viable IVA as a result.

This will run and run I think.

ian
Last edited by ianmillington on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 pm
That is a fine idea Ian - and will be in my post-approval letter from Monday onwards!

I am fed up of so called do-gooders who hide behind the fact that they are looking for business by trying to discredit my profession by representations to innocent and vulnerable people, and I made my views fairly clear on another thread on the forum last night.

The time that you, I and our colleagues spend on dealing with this mindless nonsense, largely from unqualified professionals is incredible - at a time when we are being expected to do more work for less revenue. It is time that the Insolvency Service did something about the misuse of this register.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 am
Melanie,

I suspect that you are being a little kinder than you should be, how can you be an unqualified professional?
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 am
Quite right.
These people are nothing more than 'ambulance chasers' preying on the vunerable.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 am
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I want one too.

[V]
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am
I see what you mean Size - what a daft comment! I think I may be losing my marbles!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for march”