Threatening letter from the bank this morning

8 posts Page 1 of 1

crickle

Post by crickle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 am
Hi.
We are having our creditors meeting on Monday 28th June 2010 and getting very nervous incase it doesn't get accepted. We received a letter this morning from Barclays regarding the IVA. They have said that if we continue with the process, they will take action to demand the full amount outstanding but if we drop the IVA then no action will be taken by them.
We have spoken to our IVA company and they have said it's just a last ditch attempt to get money from us and have told us to ignore the letter.
Has anyone else had letters like this? Wound-up like a coiled spring before I opened this letter but I've now gone into full panic mode. Convinced that Barclays will now vote against the IVA and worried incase our other creditors go the same way. I have to say Barclays have been the only ones who have been mega-persistent throughout the past few weeks with daily phone-calls and letters. We have heard nothing from any other creditors.
Not sure how I'm gonna get through the next few days...............

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Hi Crickle and welcome to the forum.

These sort of letters are not unusual and it's just bullying tactics.

Your IP is right and you should ignore it. Just bin it.

Barclays are one of the worst creditors for persistently calling.

Good luck for Monday, I'm sure you will be ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 pm
Good luck fro Monday, excellent advice from your IP and Jan so just ignore them x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 pm
there are a number of options to sort your debt problems out. you are taking a legal obligation to contibute to your debt and as such your creditors cannot legally take action. they can only take action if you do nothing.

ignor the letters. i had correspondence 2 months after my IVA started.
oskiee

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 pm
Its easier said than done I know. but just ignore them. We're 4 months into our IVA and are still recieving the letters. Reduced mind you now. They could save their company thousands if they stopped this malarky!! Good Luck for next week. I remember the feelings well. I'm sure all will be well x
Steven & Debbie

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:58 pm
What an absolutely dire and despearte attempt by a well known bank. Do then think you have dived head first into an IVA??? I am sure you have spent many a day worrying about what to do for the best and when you do take action they threaten you.

Ignore it or file it in the B1N!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm
when i started on my IVA process i would get an uneding stream of phone calls between 6.00 PM and 9.00 PM I ended up installing a silent call display unit on my phone so any number I did not recognize I would not answer and gave my personal mobile number to people who did need to contact me.

antm

Post by antm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:50 pm
I must of been really lucky with barclays, although they advise i get help, and along with a couple of other factors they helped me get my IVA. They were for me one of the most supportive creditors ive had, they didn't call, didn't write, infact the only time i heard from them was a letter stating there claim in my IVA and that they had closed my bank accounts.

I have had a recent problem where they for some reason had started to claim double what i owe them, turns out it was something to do with change of there internal depts or selling my debt on or something but all sorted now.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”