tips for living on a budget

43 posts Page 2 of 3

patty

Post by patty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 am
re pet food
my last post said I HAD ASKED A VET ABOUT PET FOOD AND WAS TOLD ANY FOOD THAT SAYS COMPLETE HAS TO MEET CERTAIN NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS BY LAW
SOME OF THE REPLYS I RECEIVED REALLY UPSET ME
PEOPLE SAYING THEY WOULD GO WITHOUT RATHER THAN BUY CHEAPER FOOD

I ADORE MY DOG

WOULD NEVER FEED HIM ANYTHING NOT GOOD ENOUGH JUST GLAD I FOUNFD AN HONEST VET NOT A SALES REP

I DID NOT JOIN THIS FORUM TO BE JUDGED AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD THING TO DO FOR A BIT OF SUPPORT

MY LAST DOG WAS FED EUKANUBA, WAS NEVER AWAY FROM THE VET WITH PROBLEMS

DIED FROM CANCER AGED ONLY 5 YEARS

MY CURRENT DOG HAS ONLY EVER NEEDED TO GO TO THE VET FOR HIS BOOSTERS AND BEFORE I AM ACCUSED OF NOT TAKING HIM DUE TO THE COST HE IS VERY WELL INSURED

WE PAY FOR THE BEST INSURANCE WE CAN GET (NOT BASED ON PRICE) WE GOT ALOT OF ADVISE ON THIS AS SOME INSURANCE WILL ONLY COVER FOR 1 INJURY ILLNESS ONCE

THE ONE WE HAVE COVERS EVERYTHING FOR LIFE BEEN PAYING IT 3 1/2 YEARS BUT LUCKILY HAVE NEVER NEEDED

I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD TO HAVE THEIR DOGS PUT DOWN AS THEY COULD NOT PAY FOR TREATMENT, ONE WAS ONLY A SKIN CONDITION!

IF THERE IS ANYTHING I WILL DEFEND MYSELF FOR IT IS HOW I CARE FOR MY DOG, I GET UP AT 3.30 AM TO WALK HIM BEFORE I START MY JOB AT 5AM

HE HAS 3 HOURS EXCERSISE A DAY RAIN OR SHINE AND ITS SURPRISING HOW BUSY THE PARK IS ON A NICE DAY BUT ALL THE DOGS SEEM TO VANISH IN THE RAIN AND SNOW!

BEFORE I AM ACCUSSED OF OVER EXCERCISING HE IS A BOXER AND THAT IS WHAT THEY NEED

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 am
Nobody is accusing you of anything, just stating what we do for own pets.

My dogs go to the vets once a year and are all well insured. They are walked twice a day come rain, hail or snow. They actually sleep on our bed with us and have the run of the house.

Nobody is saying that you shouldn't't feed cheaper food if you want to, its just that some of us choose not to.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am
No one is accusing you of anything Patty. Like Jan I am only saying what I do for my cat not criticising anyone who does things differently.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am
We all do things differently and it is what suits the individual and their circumstances. We all love our pets and care for them in our own way
Similarly, I wouldn't shop in Aldi or Liidl because I don't like them but I wouldn't knock anyone who.did.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

patty

Post by patty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am
SORRY THAT WAS NOT WHAT WAS IMPLIED AT ALL
AND RE CHAPPIE IF YOU LISTENED TO ANY VET THEY QWOULD SAY IT WAS RUBBISH THEY WOULD ALSO SAY THAT DRY FOOD IS BETTER AS IT CLEANS THE TEETH AND IS MUCH BETTER FOR DIGESTION AND THE BOWELS AS THE STOOLS ARE FIRMER WHICH IS MUCH BETTER FOR THE HEALTH OF THE BOWELS
I AM NOT SAYING CHAPPIE IS NO GOOD AS I SAID ANY FOOD THAT SAYS COMPLETE IS FINE
BY THE WAY MY DOG HAS HIS OWN BEDROOM FULLY DECORATED WITH BRIGHT COLOURS AND PAWPRINT STICKERS, NO HE IS NOT SPOILT OR TREATED LIKE A TOY HE JUST STARTED SLEEPING IN THAT BED SO I MADE THE ROOM HIS OWN.
BY THE WAY I MAY SMOKE BUT I HAVE A DIPLOMA IN CLINICAL NUTRITION I ALSO ONLY HAVE ONE CUP OF DECAF A DAY AND ALSO DO NOT HAVE SUGAR AT ALL OR PROCESSED FOOD AND YES I AM VERY AWARE OF THE DANGERS OF SMOKING AND WISH I DID NOT, I WILL BE SETTING UP MY OWN NUTRITIONAL PRACTICE WHEN THIS IVA IS OVER AND I CAN AFFORD TO SET UP AND BY THE WAY SINCE I WILL BE IN CHARGE MY DOG WILL ACCOMPANY ME TO WORK, I WILL BE MAKING SURE THERE IS A SPARE ROOM FOR HIM AND THAT IT IS ON THE GROUND FOR SO HE CAN GO OUT, THANKYOU

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 am
Nobody is having a go Patty, I only commented about smoking and coffee in reply to another poster.

Afraid my dogs are totally spoiled!!!!!!

Wish I could take mine to work but I can't unfortunately.
Bob Marley.

patty

Post by patty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 am
well thats is not how it came accross sO I felt the need to make it very clear. i spend most of my spare time reading and have a large amount of books about dogs and their health, since I am a qualified nutritionist i find it all very interesting.

BY THE WAY I BUT ALL MY BOOKS USED FROM AMAZON AND SAVE A FORTUNE ESPECIALLY ON THE VERY EXPENSIVE TEXT BOOKS, I HAVE HAD £50 TEXT BOOKS FOR £5 INCLUDING DELIVERY, SOME COME FROM AMERICA SO TAKE A BIT LONGER TO COME

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 am
Harry is totally spoiled and I don't mind admitting it!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 am
Patty, please don't take offence as nothing was implied at all. We all do things in our own way.

You don't have to justify your spending or anything to us. It's your choice how you live your life but we do all have different opinions on things.
Bob Marley.

patty

Post by patty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 am
thanks, your quite right no body has to justify anything, I totally agree with that as i am the sort of person who does not care what people think apart from on one thing; my dog!
My dog has helped me through so much, he is the reason i get out of bed when I am ill with my bipolar.
trust me you really do learn not to care what people think when you have an illness like mine as you discover how cuel poeple can be, you beome very independant.
I am pleased to hear non of you meant to be offensive but I felt it was, what is offensive to one person is not to another, its very subjective. because i did reply in the way i did I now know that no harm was intended, thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 am
No offence was ever intended and I know what you mean about your dog - mine are family, not just pets and I'd do anything for them.

Glad we're sorted now.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am
Glad it's all sorted Patty. I completely understand what you mean about your dog being your world. I'm more of a cat lover and I would do anything for Harry x

patty

Post by patty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:38 pm
same here, thanks
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Skippy

Glad it's all sorted Patty. I completely understand what you mean about your dog being your world. I'm more of a cat lover and I would do anything for Harry x

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm
I missed this post when it started. I have depression Patty (not bipolar) and other health issues and I rely on my animals to keep me going. Our parrot insurance eats up all our pet allowance so his food and the food for my pygmy goats has to come out of other allowances! In fact last month I took 2 days leave as it was fuel or food for the goats!!

Keep posting tips, they are always helpful to someone on here. As Jan has said, no one was judging you. I have been judged on here for smoking which was upsetting, but each to their own - I can't drink because of meds so smoking is my thing!! Have swapped to roll ups now and although hard at first I now prefer them to cigs.
Take care.

[:)]
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:07 pm
I remember laughing at other squaddies in the gulf rolling their roll ups as thin as you could imagine a few days before pay day. One drag and it was gone and you had to be quick with it!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
43 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “tips for IVA success”