tips for living on a budget

43 posts Page 3 of 3

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:11 pm
I have burnt my lip on a couple of roll-ups so I smoke less as it puts me off for a few hours!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 am
thanks for your reply only just seen it, it is the depression that gets me the most, i am not very well right now so probably why i took it so personally, in fact, you won't beleive it I cannot sleep because of it. i have just been to an article i have about complete pet food i have copied it ready to post on here. the thing is it is not just my opinion, it is based on sound proffessional advice and research!! I would never have changed my dogs food without seriously looking into it.
I thought i was helping by sharing the info as most vets just try to sell you what the get commision on!
I will put the bit of the document I have just referred to.
re smoking those who judge have no right, I personally do not smoke around other and never have even before the ban. they do not realise how addictive it is especially when you have a mental health problem.
i am sorry to hear you have depression and me too, i cannot drink due to huge amount of medication.
by the way I love parrotts, does he or she talk?
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kazzafunk

I missed this post when it started. I have depression Patty (not bipolar) and other health issues and I rely on my animals to keep me going. Our parrot insurance eats up all our pet allowance so his food and the food for my pygmy goats has to come out of other allowances! In fact last month I took 2 days leave as it was fuel or food for the goats!!

Keep posting tips, they are always helpful to someone on here. As Jan has said, no one was judging you. I have been judged on here for smoking which was upsetting, but each to their own - I can't drink because of meds so smoking is my thing!! Have swapped to roll ups now and although hard at first I now prefer them to cigs.
Take care.

[:)]

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:50 am
Oh and pigmy goat are soo beautiful too, animals are often better than people in my opinion!!!
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by patty

thanks for your reply only just seen it, it is the depression that gets me the most, i am not very well right now so probably why i took it so personally, in fact, you won't beleive it I cannot sleep because of it. i have just been to an article i have about complete pet food i have copied it ready to post on here. the thing is it is not just my opinion, it is based on sound proffessional advice and research!! I would never have changed my dogs food without seriously looking into it.
I thought i was helping by sharing the info as most vets just try to sell you what the get commision on!
re smoking those who judge have no right, I personally do not smoke around other and never have even before the ban. they do not realise how addictive it is especially when you have a mental health problem.
i am sorry to hear you have depression and me too, i cannot drink due to huge amount of medication.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kazzafunk

I missed this post when it started. I have depression Patty (not bipolar) and other health issues and I rely on my animals to keep me going. Our parrot insurance eats up all our pet allowance so his food and the food for my pygmy goats has to come out of other allowances! In fact last month I took 2 days leave as it was fuel or food for the goats!!

Keep posting tips, they are always helpful to someone on here. As Jan has said, no one was judging you. I have been judged on here for smoking which was upsetting, but each to their own - I can't drink because of meds so smoking is my thing!! Have swapped to roll ups now and although hard at first I now prefer them to cigs.
Take care.

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 am
yip roll ups much better, i roll with a rolling machine can't do it by hand, take care x x x
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by patty

Oh and pigmy goat are soo beautiful too, animals are often better than people in my opinion!!!

Take care.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 am
Totally agree about animals being better than people sometimes!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

oscar

Post by oscar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:47 pm
I buy my monthly shop online from Asda but I do not buy cooked meat or fresh veg online as I like to select the quality myself. I find Aldi to be the finest quality cooked meats with a fabulous continental selection and fresher than fresh fruit and veg compared to elsewhere I prefer them to M&S for fresh veg, in addition to a great price! We use Wagg complete together with pedigree chum tinned mixed in it works for us. Hugs
Oscar
x
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:55 pm
i agree about the quality of food at aldi but it makes sense when you think about it, they do not have every till open, they don't have fancy lighting etc, and they do not pay staff to move trillies on the car park! i have noticed that since aldi have been advertising the place is now packed!!
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by oscar

I buy my monthly shop online from Asda but I do not buy cooked meat or fresh veg online as I like to select the quality myself. I find Aldi to be the finest quality cooked meats with a fabulous continental selection and fresher than fresh fruit and veg compared to elsewhere I prefer them to M&S for fresh veg, in addition to a great price! We use Wagg complete together with pedigree chum tinned mixed in it works for us. Hugs
Oscar
x

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:09 pm
Patty - yeah he does talk. Yesterday I timed him and he said No at the top of his voice for 21 minutes! Ended it with a very loud 'Bo**ocks'!!

I wouldn't get het up about the dog food! I know how little things can grate on people with mental health problems (I'm always taking offence about things). Hardly ever on here will someone intentionally offend and you'll find that Jan is normally the 1st one to jump to the defence of the original poster.

You carry on with whatever works for you and tell us your tips. You may find someone elses tip will help you, although probably not my tips on Pygmy goats!
When I am down I go and sit in their enclosure and the minute all 4 start giving my kisses and wanting to be brushed all my troubles go. I expect it's the same with your dog.

I have just got the hang of roll ups now after a couple of lessons from the hubby! Those machines do my head in!! lol

Take care.x
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:19 pm
If you want to give up smoking, those nicotine patches are great!

You just stick one over your mouth and you will find it impossible to smoke :0)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:28 pm
Tried to smoke 1 once - taste worse than cigs!!

I once worked in an office and was sat in the smoking room (going back a bit). Someone walked in, took off their patch, had a cig, then put the patch back on! Working then...[:D]
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

oscar

Post by oscar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 pm
you're right Patty, also, the cheeses, blue, camambert, gorgonzola are fantastic and not only are the prices and quality good but the dates are great. I have just made a leek bake 3 leeks cheese sauce milk and extra cheese for about £1 and I would happily do a quality challenge no problem. It is annoying about waiting at one till sometimes but it swings in roundabouts if you know what I mean. I think it's worth it. Hugs
Oscar
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 pm
Hi oscar, that sounds nice might try that one, I would rather wait in a que than pay double anyday!!!
they even have people in asda now holding a sign to say 'space here' although i do go to asda for some things, the mixed herbs, smart price are just as good as any other at 19p!! thanks for the recipe idea, have a good weekend x
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by oscar

you're right Patty, also, the cheeses, blue, camambert, gorgonzola are fantastic and not only are the prices and quality good but the dates are great. I have just made a leek bake 3 leeks cheese sauce milk and extra cheese for about £1 and I would happily do a quality challenge no problem. It is annoying about waiting at one till sometimes but it swings in roundabouts if you know what I mean. I think it's worth it. Hugs
Oscar

patty

Post by patty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:08 pm
thankyou everyone for your good advice, i have had emails with reply's but sometimes it just shows me my reply i am new to this so may be a bit confused, really don't mean to be ignorant as i have found this very helpful.
x x x x
43 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “tips for IVA success”