TME - was beginning to lose hope!

5 posts Page 1 of 1

sophie993

Post by sophie993 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 am
I just wanted to post a bit of a success story.

My partner started his IVA in 2015 and was discharged in October 2019.

I have some debts otherwise in a good position, we both earn good money.

I am so glad I posted on here the other month in desperation after being told

A) we can never get a mortgage due to our financial situation
B) we are looking at 35-40% deposit
C) we can only borrow 2 x our salary (on the South Coast this will not go far!).
D) we are looking at 5% interest rate

Someone on here recommended I contact TME and, now thanks to Michael we are putting our currently property on the market today and looking to use the equity for a new property, with a not so scary deposit %.

Sophie isn't my real name but Michael has been fantastic, supportive and non judgemental and I have every faith he will help us sort our dream home.

Any other such success stories with TME?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:15 am
Great to hear things are looking up.

Both TME ( via Ryan) and Select (via Shaun) have helped many of those with an IVA in their past get placed with mortgages, often at High Street rates.

An IVA is not the 'death knell' many imagine it is. That said, an experienced broker is worth his or her weight in gold as they can direct applicants to the most suitable lenders, according to their individual circumstances, and avoid rejections making future applications harder.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

GullyP123

Post by GullyP123 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:33 am
Hi,

Really happy for you and its great reading positive posts like this.

I myself am in an iva and ever since the start have struggled to find answers to how i can get a mortgage.

My IVA started in March 2018. I settled the IVA in August 2019. So it will be 2 years since settling August this year.

I am really desperate for a mortgage but i feel as if nobody can help me. Is your husband still in an IVA, as in its still on his credit file? And did you guys get a mortgage whilst it being there.

I have a £50,000 deposit ready but no lender. I literally am at the last straw with this.

If i could get someone to approve my mortgage i would go for it now regardless of the rates and margins etc.

Is there anyone on this forum that i can speak to or someone that can reach out to me to get this approved.

And again its really nice hearing a story that is so positive as it gives me hope.

This one is specifically to Foggy. You are great with every thread on this website. But bear with me mate. Dont start slaughtering me with your knowledge of IVA’s and how its a learning experience and a journey of understanding magic plastic.

Every story is different. I was misold this IVA. Id rather not get into that. All im really asking here is help me get a mortgage as i need a house asap.

Sorry if there is any negativity but honestly i need a house now. I have everything ready, just need a lender.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:57 am
Hi Gully -- I will keep my mouth shut and just say to have a word with Ryan or Shaun.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Hi GullyP123,
We have helped a number of members of this forum obtain mortgages with, and after an IVA. It is not always easy, but it can be done as long as you deal with the right people.
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”