to anyone worried about rentng in an iva

4 posts Page 1 of 1

2YrsIn

Post by 2YrsIn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:50 am
hey, i just thought i`d let anyone worrying about renting in iva that all is not lost - i have posted several times worrying over the last few months about being declined and i got a call on friday to say i wetn through the checks fine :-)

interestingly i`m 2.5 yrs into my iva and i entered with roughly a 40k debt over my head and i passed, my GF has 200 quid on credit card and thats pretty much it and she needs a guarontor !! very weird!

Anyways my bruv in law is going to be the guarontor and he is being checked out as i write this so HOPEFULLY we will have a place to live SOON

Just wanted to say i really dont think people need to worry whilst in an iva - we are showing we are managing our debts now ! and surely thats better !!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 am
I agree 2YrsIn. Well done and good luck, Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:39 am
One word of warning/information. A lot of lettings agents use a company called homelet to do their credit checks.For some strange reason homelet classify an IVA the same as a BR and a CCJ.I have spoken to homelet as this happened to me and they will not change it,they claim its all one and the same thing (and we all know its not) and this has stopped me renting a number of houses.
BE WARNED
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

2YrsIn

Post by 2YrsIn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:47 am
very strange - homelet are the ones that passed me? i swear it just luck nowadays
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”