TO MELANIE, DAVID M, ANDY and any others

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Max

Post by Max » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:12 am
I have posted about what is hoping to be achieved regarding the Forum and the advice given on it where I live If any of you have today's Daily Mail please read the lead article on PAGE 43. It seems to me that the couple mentioned have not been given any advice or even where to go for it. My solicitor friend is going to try to make contact with the couple through the Editor of the Dail Mail but he does not hold out much hope as Editors do not like passing on letters.

What I am asking is this: could Melanie, David and Andy consider writing an article on the Forum etc and the advice freely given for Money Mail or consider and implement ways by which the Forum and the services it provides be advertised more widely on a national basis?

What I have done, locally is write a letter to the editors of the three town and county newspapers here (given my name and address) but under "name and address withheld" on debt and the forum and its advice from highly qualified professionals. I do not know if the editors will publish but I thought it worth a try.

The Dail Mail are advising people (same article) to approach Credit Action and/or the CCCS. In my view, the Forum should be added.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 pm
David - the people who run this forum have their own PR leads, and David, myself and Andy are just guests, so we are really unable to promote the forum publicly unless formally invited to.

I am sure the owners of this site are delighted with the efforts you are making to promote it, and any ideas you have could be e-mailed directly to Admin.

In my own right as an independent IP, I regularly comment in the national and regional press about insolvency related matters, and would be very happy to contribute to anything that you are able to put together.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am
Yes unfortunately we like you are only "guests" on this forum.

Like Melanie, my colleagues and I give talks, been interviewed by Radio and TV and write articles on occasions publisicing DEBT and what can be done about it.

I also write a Blog on pertinent issues.

I am also looking into ways to promote wider use of the IVA as a mechanism of choice (if that is the most appropriate advice for a debtor).
Last edited by David Mond on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”