To whom do I contact to complain about my IVA

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
38 posts Page 2 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:25 pm
I am not sure the mediation bit of the site is working properly. There have been a few posts lately that do not seem to have found the right space or been followed up. Perhaps Admin can have a look at this.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:24 pm
I'll just bump this back up so that either Andy or Admin can see it hopefully.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ian.aw

Post by ian.aw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:18 am
Thanks for your concern kallis3. Appears Admin have a few problems with the Mediation site. Worked out the IVA route for me cost £2895 with interest, fixed charges and VN's expenses. No invoice from them either - perhaps that is normal with IVA companies. Ian

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 am
I really do think that you ought to pursue this Ian. Unless they can justify why they are keeping your money, they have no right to keep it.

ian.aw

Post by ian.aw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:13 pm
Thanks Melanie. That's what I am trying to do without experiencing any further costs. VN say expenses and that's thier last word. was hoping Mediation would intervene with them but would appear not. again some sign that is the case would be nice. Again thanks.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:20 pm
They have to show you exactly what they mean by "expenses". Was this covered by an engagement letter or any other sort of contract when you first instructed them to act for you?

Cath

Post by Cath » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:46 pm
As Mel says, check out your initial paperwork. I was worried when I changed IP that I would be charged by the previous company for work undertake but glad to say I wasn't, they never asked for any upfront fees though.
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

ian.aw

Post by ian.aw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 am
No. All 'Engagement letters' were regarding Income & Expenditure, DD mandates and prelim IVA Statement and Final, costs to come from IVA Agreement. No mention of expenses or charges to me other than this. It appears they weren't able to achieve an IVA and therefore want reimbursment for work and had my two months IVA payments. They have taken that. Again I see no comment from Admin on the site so am I to take it the Mediation service no longer exsists? Thank you melanie.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 am
Hi Ian,

I would certainly persue this...its your money and they have no right to keep it.

Have you phoned the Insolvency Practitioners Association number that Andy provided?

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 am
I wish you luck with your quest to get your money back and hope it all works out for you, but this thread does again highlight how important it is to choose your provider carefully. It is preferable, in my book, that no upfront payments are made before acceptance of IVA, but if they are then they should either be fully refundable or at least the fee structures should be absolutely crystal clear before you go forward. I cannot obviously comment on conversations that I have not been privy to, but "showing intent to creditors" is complete gibberish I'm afraid.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 am
Well said Size5!

We paid fees too and had we known about this site, then we would have gone about things completely differently.

Hopefully more people will find this wonderful site before entering an IVA.

Good luck again Ian xx

ian.aw

Post by ian.aw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:21 pm
I called insolvency Practitioners Association number that Andy provided on 9th November and then Chartered Accountancy at IPA advice as not member though principal of VN is. No success as connected to line that rang then hung up, even with operator on the line with me!!! Ian

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:07 pm
Thats awful Ian...hopefully admin will pick this up and confirm re: Mediation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm
Ian,

I really do feel for you, you are having an awful time. Hopefully one of the experts may be able to prove another number or some other information.

I hope you can get it sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:53 pm
I'm just bumping this back up to see if there's anything else anyone can suggest to help Ian.
38 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”