Todays Post

15 posts Page 1 of 1

vickir

Post by vickir » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:24 pm
Nowdays i look forward to the postman coming, this morning though i got 2 letters, both from ex-creditors, 1 was to tell me that interest rates had gone up of my Visa card, and the other one was asking why i haven;t used a certain storecard for a while - and they were missing me!!!!
Thinking about it - I could do with some new flatpack swedish furniture!!! - only joking....

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:38 pm
Hi Vickir,

How long has your IVA been running? Sometimes it can take a while for the necessary information of your IVA approval to filter through to the correct department.
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

vickir

Post by vickir » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:50 pm
a little while, funny thing is i dont get statements anymore - just junk mail, they seem to remove you from certain bits of their system, but not their mailing list

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm
I would not worry too much, had a letter from capital one, as they are one of my creditors asking for a annual report from me at the end of my first year.

Guess they thought I was the IP of my own IVA !!!!

Just going through my 2nd year review now, I wonder if they will write to me again this year... Mmmmm wait and see

Computers, you got to love them
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:29 am
Seems so long ago now, just done the 3rd review!!!
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 am
well done inaiva for completing your 3rd year [:)]

Its a pity these companies couldn't find a better way to use their resources rather than waste on junk mail - think of the money and paper they're wasting. I used to return the ones we received back to sender.

xx

jripley

Post by jripley » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:20 am
A common point to this thread is that "staff/resources" are not employed to think anymore or use intiative - it is all press button electronically activated systems. Example -- I kept in touch (as all are advised in the credit crunch) with Mortgage company. Gave them the info -reply " well I'll still have to send you a late letter and you'll be charged." I pointed out that a letter was connected with information/communication (supposed to be) and as I had just given them the info and disussed it, then they did not need to charge me for a late letter " It's the system I've got to"
Another example of banking idiocracy -I had to show some ID once .Gave them a foolproof ID card which did the job as it proved who I was ( the purpose of the exercise) "No can't accept this, it 's not on the list."
The bank clerk accepted that it did in fact prove who I was but she could not tick a relevant box on her form so I had to go all the way home for my passport
ripski

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:46 am
I've had that problem with ID cards. I work for the police, so it has my photo, the name of the force and my position in that force - couldn't accept it!

Stupid!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

jripley

Post by jripley » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:35 am
Hi Kallis. I have only just started 'blogging.' We seem to have a lot in common- I am not in the Police but have a similar foolproof ID. Also I have recently had a Gastric Band - Nov 20tf Xmas, I was still on puree although I started trying a few other bits. I am now really eating properly although I find red meat (no matter how much I pureed it) , no longer suits my digstion. I always feel sickly after it. I was a real carnivore before and thought that the biggest regret would be not having a steak. I dont miss this at all and enjoy a lot more fish now. Also bread , ( my sister thinks it is the yeast) is a real problem even now nearly 2 months on and it gives me the most awful,rolling around my stomach,wind and indegestion. I am worried that I am not losing enough now. I lost 2 stone very quickly but have come to a stand still and am up a pound and down a pound. It is no doubt that I can now booze again and back at work I am constantly nibbling Another point is the food that can be easily tolerated re texture are the fattening ones with cream and cheese in. Up until the last few weeks I was only having the starter as my main meal when I was taken out but I think I can eat more than they say. Not 2 full courses or a plate full but certainly more than the side plate that they say. I am definalty not eating or drinking anything like I did before and on the premise that 30% of calories are not absorbed then logically I should still be losing significanlty !! That programme Extreme slimmers was good .I would love to have cosmetic surgey on the NHS but they will probably say I am too old.
Another common point is a dog that it terrified of fireworks We dread Bonfire night and I had to get a dog sitter for NY eve. He once had to come in the bathroom with me and then jumped on top of me in it. The vet once gave us tranquillizers for him amd he was wandering about with red eyes looking as if he was on heroin ( still terrified) so we havent done that again
ripski

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:56 am
Hi,

I can't drink for 12 months! I've lost 3 stone since the end of November and have just started the puree bit. Seem to be able to manage most stuff.

Perhaps your band needs tightening?

If you want to contact me off forum, go to the frugal friends map and add me as a friend, and I will do the same with you. You can email me then.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:03 am
Sorry, it's your profile you need to go to and just add me as a friend if you want to.
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:09 pm
I could do with a band fitting!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm
Mine's the even more extreme version - the bypass.
Bob Marley.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
My brother had that Kallis3 3 years ago and his weight came down from 18 stone to 13 and he is no longer diabetic.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm
That's a good loss David, and brilliant that his diabetes has gone!

I just have high blood pressure, but I'm hoping that will go.

I'd be happy to get down to 13st myself (a little more would be better, but I won't get too greedy!)
Bob Marley.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”