Told that I will have to pay a 7th year. Bright light at the end of the tunnel is dimming fast.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2

Robertd664

Post by Robertd664 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 am
Til, Thank you for your post and link to thread regarding equity. I am now in the process of questioning dfd regarding valuation. I am lost with this re-mortgage aspect as I owe £104K on house and at last valuation the house was valued at £135K subtract the £4K loan against house and there should be a reasonable expectation that re-mortgage is possible. I do not know what figures dfd have used if any (I do not think they have even bothered as they say that the re-mortgage was only just looked into). dfd is a difficult company to deal with at best and the constant threats of bankruptcy every time you question them is well, I don't know you decide.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:23 pm
Hi Robertd664,

Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your concerns further.

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards,

Ashley Rainford
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Robertd664

Post by Robertd664 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:13 pm
Hi Ashley Rainford, have emailed details to you on the Evette Everest profile link.

jill109

Post by jill109 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 pm
we too have problems with DVD, our arrangement states year 4 but nothing was done by DfD even though we gave them our mortgage balance. we had no contact from DFD in over 2 years apart from our I and e every December. We resent our mortgage balance 12 months later and it was not till 2 months after our last payment told us to pay 12 months more, but they had to have a creditors meeting first.

crazyjoe90

Post by crazyjoe90 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 pm
Forgive my ignorance, my understanding is that part of the 'contract' if you like is to achieve a minimum of so much in the pound.....we had to achieve 75p in the pound. So if you have achieved that by the end of the original term then surely that should be it. At the start creditors realise that it is a possibility that they may not get any equity from people's houses hence the minimum pence in the pound. So to add another year is ridiculous as it is truly getting blood out of a stone !! I realise that IP's have a duty to get as much back as possible but surely if there is no equity adding on extra months is ridiculous if the min has been achieved !! NRAM are no doubt the root cause of this, which of course read government !!!!

Stephanie.g

Post by Stephanie.g » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm
We have just found out exactly the same about our IVA, finishing post is in site after a 72 month IVA and credit fix dropped the bomb that a 7year will be needed if there is any equity in our home, we are also with NRAM. At this present moment I regret going on an IVA !!!

Robertd664

Post by Robertd664 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 pm
Well I can tell you that my issues have now been resolved as DFD has re-reviewed our case and decided that we have met all the conditions of the IVA and therefor a seventh year will not be needed. So in short a persistant yet patient approach with DFD has resulted in just 2 payments to make and then all done. Stephanie G, keep the pressure on your IP and ask for a re-review of your IVA and ask if the p in the pound has been realised. Question them and call every day if you have to.

Chrisdn88

Post by Chrisdn88 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:39 pm
That's great news and well done. Can i ask what arguments/rationale did you use because i seem to be in a similar situation to you.

Til

Post by Til » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Great news Robert - sounds like you had a similar outcome to ours when it was proven we had no equity.

Glad DFD could sort this for you and that you, like us, only have 2 payments left [:D]
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”