told to I bank with Think Banking at start of IVA

5 posts Page 1 of 1

andy123

Post by andy123 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:20 pm
I am 18 months in to an IVA. I bank with Think Banking as I was told I had to at the beginning of the IVA. My take home pay is about the same each month however, the money I am forwarded by TB varies greatly. In the past my telephone and water bills have not been paid by my IP and the subsequent charges have been passed on to me. In the last 12 months my house rent has not been paid correctly and I end up in arrears.

The rent is retained by TB who are supposed to pay it weekly. When I go in to rent arrears I have to pay out of my food money despite the fact that TB have already taken the money previously. Is this correct? I am in danger of being evicted. Am I allowed to have my wages paid in to my partner's account and send my IVA company the monthly agreed payment for my creditors? If I earn a little extra through overtime at work, do I have to give this all to my creditors or can I retain an element?

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm
I looked at them but refused to pay their fees.

Can you not get a Co-Op Cashminder account and have all bills paid by DD from there and have all your salary etc paid into it ?

I don't understand why your IP would be responsible for paying your phone and water bills though ? Surely bill payment is your responsibility ????
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:43 pm
Think Banking is a good last resort for anyone who cannot get a bank account anywhere else, but it does pay to shop around as the charges are quite high.

There is a link between Think Banking and Freeman Jones - I believe. Is this the IP firm you are using, and if so were you categorically told that the IP had to control your personal bank account, as this is quite unusual.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:12 pm
Hi there. Melanie I am with thinkbanking and freeman Jones. It was made quite clear that I could go and get my own account and didnt have to go with TB.. We chose the account because , in all honesty I couldnt face going to the high street for one and it was opened within five mins. I still have no problems with them at all, I am a little confused as you should not be able to get charges the monthly fee covers your for this, unless the charges are from the water company and therefore think banking should cover them as it is their mistake. FJ have no access to your account, I specifically asked. They should retain all the money at the beginning of the month so that as debits come in the money is there. Andy look through your statements it will show all transactions,add your debits together for the month, that should be the amount they keep. I regulary run through them to check the amounts for debits are corect are current. I would ring TB and speak to an account manager and find out where things are going wrong. Other than that change accounts as suggested the coop cashminder seems well recommended. You are under no obligation to stay with TB.
Hope you can sort it out.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:01 am
the other thing is if your DD change you must inform TB of the changes as they only retain the money to pay the DD's that you have set, so if the increase/ decrease you should inform them.
really hope you can get it sorted it soon good luck.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”