Tomorrow

15 posts Page 1 of 1

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 pm
Well I can't quite believe it but tomorrow my final payment will be leaving my bank account.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, jump up and down, celebrate or drown my sorrows. It is such a mixture of emotions. I can remember this day 5 years ago just as I was starting, so nervous for the next 5 years yet so relieved that I had done something (not yet knowing whether it was the right thing to do). I now know without a doubt that it was definitely the right thing and at the age of 32 I will be debt free. I can wipe the slate clean and start a completely new chapter. I have no doubt that I will stay debt free however whether I can remain quite as frugal is yet to be seen. Having had 5 years measured by this hanging over me helps me to remember all the amazing times with the people I care about.
It may not be right for everyone and I can't say its been easy but without a doubt it has been worth it for everything I have learnt (not just about money).
1 more sleep...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 pm
Well done Pod_Moo -- the frugal ways will probably remain with you for quite a while. Hopefully you will get your completion certificate soon and can really celebrate.

Onward and upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:15 pm
Great news and well done on getting to the end.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 pm
Thanks both - I remember you both from right back at the start and you give such amazing support.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:03 pm
How exciting, savour that feeling and you'll be debt free, well done.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:16 am
Thank you Lesley, again you have been such a support to everyone on here. I rarely post other than the odd blog but I'm always having a look through posts and it has certainly helped. (I'm also loving the pics of your new addition)

Well I woke up at 6am and the first thing I did was check the bank and pleased to say it's gone! Very odd feeling but guess more so next month when it's still sitting there!!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:18 am
We got our completion certificates yesterday - its an interesting emotional experience.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:35 am
Well done lifenoteasy, I hope your new 'chapter' goes well.

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:37 am
And tomorrow is now today.... [8D] It seems to have taken ages to arrive from my point of view, as we are paid the last Friday of a month, and with Easter, March's was last Thursday, but of course all the DDs/SOs haven't gone out until today!

I was going to change my avatar to the person flat out on the finish line, but I think the animal going "waaaahhh" is equally appropriate!

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread pod_moo, but I feel exactly the same as you with the mixed emotions. Like you say, it isn't an ideal solution for everyone, but on reflection it was the right one for me.
Final payment 1st April 2016.
Completion Certificate received 19th May 2016.

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am
Ahhh that's fantastic and I don't mind at all, its nice to have a 'finish line' buddy!

How are you feeling? I feel strange as in I know something quite life changing happened today but actually nothing has changed at all!

My Avatar isn't even showing/working which is most disappointed when I finally have made it.

Fingers crossed we both get our CC's in a timely manor - I am considering framing it ha ha.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:54 am
A few Avatars seem to have disappeared !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:04 am
Some have been missing for a few days now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:44 pm
What a wonderful weekend for some of you and so glad you've come to the end of a journey that whilst may not have always been easy, will hopefully have been worth it.

pod_moo - I go OTT with the pictures now and then but so glad you're enjoying them :)
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 am
Congratulations Podmoo and Skeef! I'm just 2 more payments and then I'll be joining you. Don't know how I'll feel when the day arrives but I can't wait to find out. IVA's are a slog and sometimes seem impossible but the alternatives for me were unthinkable. I hope you both enjoy your debt free futures and live your lives to the max in a stress free way!!

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:23 am
Lesley - Not OTT, I would be posting lots as well. They are all so cute.
Footiemad - not long now for you, it will go quick I am sure.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”