Too good to be true

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:00 pm
Hi Guys, having had our IVA approved on 25th July, up to today we hadn't appeared on the register. I have just checked, and there we are in full view for all the leaches to come crawling out of the woodwork to start preying on us. The post had quietened down nicely, in fact if we get 3 letters in total per week we have done well, even if it is only a bank statement, nice letter from Mr Npower or something similar.

I was beginning and hoping that we'd been forgotten about and that we would never appear on there, but then I thought it was too good to be true!! I just hope that we don't start getting loads of junk mail or calls telling us we have been mis-sold our IVA because we most certainly have not.

Whilst writing, I wonder whether anyone else is feeling the same way as us now, post approval. I don't mean to sound patronising to anyone who is having a rough time at the moment, this post is certainly not to upset anyone, but hubby and I are feeling the most relaxed we have felt for about 10 years. We know that our I&E has been worked out fairly, our monthly essentials are paid and so is our IVA, so for the first time in years, we are actually managing our finances and this has chilled us out somewhat - I think in truth we are experiencing great relief.

The only worry I have, is work finding out about our IVA now we are on the register but hopefully that won't happen. There's no reason why it should.

I hope there are those of you in IVA's who are feeling the same way. It is a really nice feeling, to be in control for once.

To anyone who is thinking that things will never be brighter, hang in there and I promise you that once you are approved, it really is the beginning of the rest of your life.

Kazzy x
Last edited by Kazzy E on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm
What a great post Kazzy. I thought you might have got away with the register though.[;)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 pm
Hi my trusty friend. Just feeling really good at the mo. Will send you an email. Give me 10 mins. Kazzy x

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:27 pm
hi kazzy...no i dont think you are the only one who feels a nice sense of calm post IVA approval..we are 24 months in and onl get slightly ruffled when around review time....

but certainly for us we love the lack of post and the lack of phone calls..to the point where we thought the post office had forgotten where we lived...
the feeling of being in control is superb...even when it is tight there is still a sense of satisfaction...long may you feel this way....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 pm
It's great to read such a positive post about someone's IVA helping to change their lives - and well done to Kazzy and Mr Kazzy for working hard together to get to this outcome. Things can only get better!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:54 pm
Great Post Kazzy, [:D]

It must be such a great feeling to be back in control of your finances, like you say, a great relief for you both.

Nice to see some Positivity [:D] Shame about the Register though[:(]

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:59 pm
Great post Kazzy - I know exactly how you feel. I can sleep at night without worrying about the phone or the post, I can shop without resorting to plastic, and I still have some money at the end of the month.

So what if I can't afford any luxuries? I can keep my head above water and that is the main thing. My creditors are getting some money back, and the clock is slowly ticking towards that time when I will be debt free.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:06 pm
Thanks Guys. I know there are people that are probably reading this thread at the moment thinking - yeah right, if only, especially if they are pre IVA, BR or DMP. I was at the depths of despair this time five months ago and if someone had told me how I would be feeling in five months time, I would have laughed in their face. With the huge debts (and I mean huge) that we had, I really feel that thanks to Melanie and her team, we have been thrown a lifeline and I am eternally grateful for that.

There really is light at the end of the tunnel, albeit quite a long tunnel, but we will get there, the last 6 years have flown and I know the next 6 will too.

Keep smiling everyone - onwards and upwards...

Kazzy x

credit allergy

Post by credit allergy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:41 am
On Monday my 16 year old set off for sixth form college. I can remember rushing home from work to meet him as a 4 year old from his first day at primary school!

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:17 am
Hi credit allergy, I too can remember my son's first day like it was yesterday, and he is 15 next month. Where does the time go?

It seems unbelievable that at the end of this month, we will be 3 payments in. We don't want to wish our lives away, but the sooner we get to the end of the tunnel the better, although as I say, the journey through the tunnel is not too much of a painful one.

Kazzy x

angela18

Post by angela18 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:04 am
we are the same Kazzy.. we are 6 payments in.. and its going so fast (upto now.. fingers crossed).. I just keep thinking ionwards and upwards from here..
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 am
Kazzy, same for me! We were only approved a couple of weeks back but started living to the I&E from the last pay packet.
Petrol, shopping, insurance etc monthly allocations are all split up and I feel great going to the relevant pot knowing I have money in there to go shopping, put fuel in the car, even get my hair cut!
Losing my home with two under two was pretty scary...I felt I had failed my children by effectively making them homeless..but now things are so much better.
Our new rental home is lovely, the rental is well over half what we were paying on the mortgage..we have money in the bank and it is a relief to not have an overdraft or credit card to dip into.
It's such a relief to not have the men in suits with clipboard coming around about the mortgage.
I am not saying an IVA is the easy way out, of course it isn't, but the relief of getting things sorted whilst still paying the creditors what we can is enormous.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”