• Yes No
IVA.co.uk Provide Award Winning IVA Support

Share this post with your friends

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

worriedhalftodeath
IVA Junior

56 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  20:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband's IVA has just been approved. We've been sent form RX1 Land Registry - Application to enter a restriction - and he's been asked to sign and return to his IP. Can someone just tell me in simply layman terms what this form is for? We understand it's to protect the creditors' interest in the propery - the IVA is for 6 years, going on to 7 if we can't release any equity in year 6. At the moment, we're in negative equity. The flat is in both our names but only my husband has the IVA. The form just looks a little frightening... Thanks!

penny

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  20:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
We had to sign one of these as well it is just a security measure
for the creditors and the experts on here are brilliant and should be
along soon with more help xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
IVA Artisan

Skippy

United Kingdom
21652 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  20:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Skippy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think (and someone else will be along to confirm shortly) that this form puts a restriction on the sale of the property so that it cannot be sold without your IP being notified.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

worriedhalftodeath
IVA Junior

worriedhalftodeath

56 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  20:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Skippy and Penny - that would make perfect sense... it's just anything that looks so official and legal puts the fear of God into us!
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  21:46:02  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone with their own property has to sign one.

You just can't sell without notifying the IP.

http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

worriedhalftodeath
IVA Junior

worriedhalftodeath

56 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  22:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's ok then. We wouldn't sell without informing our IP, and wouldn't be looking to do so anyway... Thanks everyone.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieGiles
IP

MelanieGiles

48266 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2010 :  23:02:46  Show Profile  Visit MelanieGiles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This should have been fully explained to you as part of the IVA process, and generally I get my clients to sign them with their IVA proposals rather than afterwards - but as the other posters have said there is nothing to worry about, this just alerts your IP to an attempt to sell the property, which I feel sure they will not need to rely on in your case.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years. Owner and Director of PJG Recovery.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp or my company website www.pjgrecovery.com

Go to Top of Page

worriedhalftodeath
IVA Junior

worriedhalftodeath

56 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  21:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Melanie. It probably was explained but I think my husband was a bit overwhelmed by info at the time so he wasn't sure and the letter that came with it just said to sign and send back so it got us a bit worried. I knew a quick post on here would put our minds at rest. Really don't know what we would have done without this site!
Go to Top of Page

lesley_

lesley_

IVA completed.

25702 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  21:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the site is of help to you worriedhalftodeath, I still find things about the IVA is confusing and I can't agree more it's so much to take in at the beginning of your journey but always find what I want from the site too x

IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2010 :  06:43:30  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing like this site for allaying your fears.

http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
Form RX1 Land Registry??? - T26811 - The IVA Forum - Individual.. © IVA.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07
Ask our experts a question, it will be posted on our forum
  • Simply complete form and you will get an answer from our experts
    (multiple replies within an hour *)
  • Your Question:
  • Your First Name:
  • Your Email:
  • Your Mob/Tel:

(optional)
  • Please Enter the Text in the image: Captcha

• The Question will go to our industry wide panel of experts:
    Melanie Giles Bridgewood Finance Solutions Debt Free Direct Bright Oak
    Mc Cambridge Duffy Andy Davie CCCS Vincent Bond and Co Ltd
  • * The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location
IVA CALCULATOR
IVA CALCULATOR
  • Do I qualify?
  • How much written off?
  • Monthly payment amount?
  • Total Debt:
    £
  • No of creditors:
  • Income:
    £
  • Expenses:
    £
  • Own home?
    Yes No
  • NOTE:

An IVA is not for everyone. This calculator will simply tell you whether it is an option for you.

• Live Help
Resources
Social Media
Clear my debt

-Talk to an iva.co.uk advisor
-Relaxed chat, discuss options
-No upfront fees

• Name
  • Email
  • Tel
  • Total Debt
  • What's the sum of 4 + 9 ?
    (spam protection)
Chat Now
Live Help
IVA.co.uk Newsletter
Reviews for IVA.co.uk
IVA.co.uk is rated 4.9 on a scale of 5 based on on reviewcentre.com.
Latest review:
So Glad We Did It - by , 19/09/2012
5/ 5stars
I have to admit to being less than keen to investigate the idea of an IVA as we had already gone down the route of a DMP with another company but this hadn't worked out. Hubby pushed for an IVA and started the ball rolling, however once we had started the process i soon realised how beneficial this would be. Andy Davie at Vincent Bond was fantastic, he went through the whole process with us fully and explained everyhing thoroughly. We are now almost 2 years in and haven't looked back.