Can I get myself added to list of creditors

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Grant.vs

Post by Grant.vs » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:54 pm
My stepfather, who is not entering an IVA, has raised money against my mothers house (now deceased) without my knowledge. He has a life interest in the property, and his name is on the deeds, but it is held in trust for me to inherit when he dies. The additional revenue was raised using a cheque book given to him by his mortgage adviser and the additional monies do not appear on the official Register of Title. Can I get myself added to his list of creditors for the additonal money he has raised against the house?

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 pm
This sounds very complicated and you will need professional advice. A number of professional post here and will be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry to hear this; it must be very upsetting for you. I believe you can be added to the list of creditors but the professionals will let you know for sure. Good luck

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:43 pm
You need to take legal advice on this - as your stepfather may way have committed a fraud if this money was obtained without your knowledge or agreement.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Grant.vs

Post by Grant.vs » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am
My initial posting should have said that my stepfather WAS entering in to an IVA. Sorry for any confusion caused.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”