Down and down

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
43 posts Page 1 of 3

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:10 pm
Hi

Feeling really sorry for myself these past few days. Work is rather tough at the moment and the IVA seems to be lasting forever. We have 3 teenage boys who always want feeding and I am sick of having no money left in the last week of each month.

Council tax going up, mortgage with Halifax and deal coming to and at the end of April just as the mortgage rate is due to go up. Due to try and remortgage to release £27000 so expecting a 12 month extension. Everything is getting to me and I desperately wish this mess could end. I am struggling so much. The thought of another 2 years is really upsetting me!!!

country girl

Post by country girl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 pm
Hi

Know how you feel everhopeful. I am feeling like that I keep saying to myself why ever did I get into this mess. Fed up with always having to worry about money. I will have to try and remortage next year which I know is not going to be possible but not sure what will happen.

I am finding it tougher now than when I started don't know about you? We also have a lot of uncertainty at work at moment.

We must try and keep positive though

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 pm
I feel worse than ever right now country girl. Prices of everything are going up and it is such a struggle. I worry about money all the time - it is so hard!!!
I work for the public sector and there is talk of more strike days and there will be no pay rises. Pension contributions are going up too. Evrything seems to be going against me. I know there are people worse off than me but I am really struggling with it all.

lem

Post by lem » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:54 pm
everhopeful, I feel the same as you, both me and hubby are public sector, his wage is going down by £30 a month from April due to the increase in pension contributions, and our normal outgoings (fuel, oil, electric, water rates) have increased by a total of £120 a month, our review is due next month thank god as our caseworker unfortunately has been reluctant to do a review until then so we have just had to cut back everywhere else the last few months and we are only 1 year in, I am beginning to seriously wonder if we went down the right path last May as I can't see us getting through the next 4 years like this.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 pm
Everhopeful - I'm pretty much in the same situation as you (apart from the three teenage boys!!)

We have to try and release similar equity but know that we can't so will have to carry on for the extra twelve months.

I think most of us have problems when we get to this point - we love the relief of being accepted, the annual reviews and the countdown but, when the middle part is hard and when it comes towards the end and we don't know about equity release then it puts a whole new perspective on things.

Linda, I know just where you are coming from. I know we wil have to continue for a further twelve months and, whilst it was a relief at the start, is starting to feel like a millstone now. I just can't want to finish.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 pm
I have been in the IVA for 4 long years and know that because we have equity in the house will be looking at an extra 12 months of payments. I just wish there was a way out of this mess. We have 2 cars which are both 10 years old and I keep thinking they won't last much longer. Food is more expensive and so is petrol. We have just had a letter to say the council tax is going up in April too. Life is a struggle right now and I feel so down!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:08 pm
Hang in there - I'm not far behind you and we will get there in the end!!!!

Know exactly how you feel though.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

norabee

Post by norabee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:32 pm
everhopeful2011, i feel ur pain :( My hubby being made redundant at end of May, and with a toddler and baby im at a loss what to do.... we have another 41/2 yrs to go...! Our outgoings r increasing, nappies n formula dont come cheap... its making me really stressed but we must try and battle on the best we can.... good luck xxx

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:40 pm
Norabee Sorry about your husband being made redundant. It is hard with kids isn't it?? Have you been back in touch with your I.P. to say how you are struggling. With 2 little ones it must be so difficult.

I have 3 teenage boys and they want food all of the time. As soon as I arrive in the house with it they are starving hungry.

Kallis, every month we pay is one nearer to the end, though each month seem to get longer. There are days I just want to cry!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Speak to your IP nora - they can help with a reduction in payments if necessary.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm
I know just how you feel - I don't have the teenage kids and do agree that each payment is one closer to the end but it does just seem to drag on and the bills go up all the time.
Bob Marley.

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 pm
Do you have to try and remortgage too? I am really worried about it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 pm
I do - I'm worried about it as well.
Bob Marley.

everhopeful2011

Post by everhopeful2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm
We are both going through the same things at the same time. We had a payment break of 2 months at the end of last year for car repairs so will finish at the same time as you. It has been 4 long years but we will get there.

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm
The cost of living is a nightmare.
Shopping,fuel etc is just getting out of proportion. I hate to think what it is like now with a young family.
We are nearing the end of our 5th year and the iva was beginning to drag a little with the extra 12 payments added, we were overjoyed when the chance of a f&f came up.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.
43 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”