PPI delays

4 posts Page 1 of 1

moira723

Post by moira723 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am
Hello, it's a long time since I posted on this forum, apologies. briefly, we are still in limbo re offset. We had a letter from Nat West offering a substantial amount for mis sold PPI. We contacted Clear Debt who instructed us to leave it with them and not accept a cheque. They then contacted Nat West to try and extract more money. Nat Westvthen wrote to us withdrawing the offer of a cheque and informing us they had offset the payment.
In frustration about 6 months ago, we wrote to the Financial Ombudsman. In response to their investigations, we received a very admonitory letter from Mr Mond who basically told us we has no complaint as we were debtors ( I'm surprised he didn't threaten us with Newgate ) he then went on to let us know how important he was. He seems to have cornered the market with regard to letters after his name, but does not seem to be able to do anything with them, as he has so far been singularly unable to get Nat West to part with the offset and has had to call in the cavalry seeking legal advice.
My point, is this. How do we get conclusion here. Our IVA ended nearly 2 years ago? Additionally, am I right in wondering if there has been some collusion here. We had no choice of PPI claims company. Hasn't there been an element of mi selling here too?[;)]

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 am
I spoke with Clear debt regarding this as I officially finished may 14 but still waiting due to closure/ppi claims.

Cleardebt could only aplogise and pointed out it states this could happen in their guidelines regarding ppi. I had a choice whether or not to investigate ppi and ob wanting to comply with my iva went for it.

They have already recovered 122 pounds of it but we are waiting for one debt collection service to reply and another wanted my marriage certificate as proof of name change. I thought originally I was in for another 12....but guess I am now just minus the payments. I guess I cannot look a gift horse in the mouth.
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm
I just feel a bit depressed now as I just want closure. The 5 yr mark was so close. ....
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

saltyseaplumbs

Post by saltyseaplumbs » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 pm
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/insolvency ... bankruptcy

this is what the insolvency service has to say about PPI.
just trying to help
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”