Hi, Please advise. Should my wife claim for benefit ? She is looking after our kids full time.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Chris.27

Post by Chris.27 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 am
Hi,

Please advise. I have request my iva to be completed due to change of circumstances. It was adjourned for the second time and now the creditors is asking if my wife can claim for benefit so we can meet the budget. My question is should my wife needs to do this to meet the budget? She's not working at the moment and she looks after our kids full time? Please advise. Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 am
Hi and welcome,

She may well be entitled to benefits - best people for advice will be your local CAB.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:18 pm
It is not unreasonable for creditors to ask whether other sources of income that may be available are investigated. If a claim is made and a refusal received then at least it is documented. Wilfully ignoring a potential source of income isn't really an option, and it also stands to reason that if there is extra income available, it should make your lives that little easier going forward. If you cannot get an appointment to see your local CAB, then you can visit www.turn2us.org.uk or www.incomemax.co.uk both of whom will be happy to assist.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”