Varden Nuttall was issued order to distribute CCs in August but has not done so.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Lee.27

Post by Lee.27 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 pm
Can someone gives some advice. Varden Nuttall was issued the order finally in August to issue Completion Certificates yet to this day not one has been issued and all there customers are being fobbed off with priority list etc. Does the IP Anel Andrews have any legal obligation placed on her now to issue these CC it's been over 2 months. Customers have been more than patient with the company being in administration but frankly they are with holding summit from us and not being totally honest any advice would be greatly received as I'm at my whits end here.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:58 pm
From what I can gather the hold up is at the courts, who apparently need to give permission for completion certificates to be issued. All I can suggest is to badger the administrators mercilessly.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

younis77

Post by younis77 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Hi Lee,

I was with Vardennuttal and my last payment was September 2015 and i'm still waiting, I emailed FRP Advisory LLP and all I get is There a still a number of checks that need to be done on your IVA to confirm that all your obligations have been met. Once these checks have been completed and provided there are no outstanding issues, you will be issued with a Completion Certificate..

I guess there is nothing we can do but wait.

Thanks
Younis
YOUNIS

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:16 pm
Having to 'carry out checks' is not the same thing as awaiting a Court Order for consent to issue the CC...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

younis77

Post by younis77 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm
Hi Lisa,

Does that mean we have to wait for what they call 'Carry out checks' and then for the Court order to issue the CC.

Thanks
Younis
YOUNIS

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:38 pm
I believe that once checks are carried out you should be issued with that letter but you may need to sign a caveat to say that any future PPI claims go towards your creditors.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:31 pm
The courts have now given them the go ahead to issue the certificates -- now they need to do the work, tying up the cases, in order to get those certificates out. They will not issue the certificates without checking that everything is in order, especially on cases they have not conducted themselves.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:40 pm
Your IP has told you the reason for the delay is to carry out checks. If they have not mentioned the Court proceedings then the proceedings would seem to have nothing with the delay in closing your case...

In any event Foggy has confirmed Court has no given go ahead so they should be able to close your case (once they have carried out their 'checks')
Keep the pressure on them and ask them what the hold up is with these checks...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Lee.28

Post by Lee.28 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:26 pm
All I did was keep the pressure on like the others have advised. They have received the order to issue certificates and the team is in place doing them now. But they have given assurances to the court that all checks will be done before issuing to protect creditors and debitors.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”