Harrington Brooks?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
42 posts Page 3 of 3

dand

Post by dand » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 am
morning all,

Another sleepless night...........

Ok, ive spoken to Harrington Brooks this morning, and they are actually an umbrella conpany who have a mortgage/IVA/DMP/BANKRUPCY divisions.

The iva is with One advise, the DMP is All clear and cant remember the others.......

Their acting IP's are David Rankin and Anette Thorpe.

They were open about the situation, and helpful
F&F Accepted on 12th March 2015!
Completion Cert arrived 26th March 2015!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:56 am
If it is Antoinette Thorpe, I know her very well and she is a really nice lady.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Rankin

Post by David Rankin » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am
Dand - I am one of the Licensed Insolvency Practitioners at Harrington Brooks and the one to whom you (and Melanie) are referring. This thread has just been brought to my attention and up until 5 minutes ago I was not a registered user of this forum! I would like to reassure you that we do indeed do IVAs here at Harrington Brooks, which is a registered trading name of One Advice Limited. We do also have a sister company Harrington Brooks (Accountants) Limited which administers Debt Management Plans. The companies are under common ownership and both use the Harrington Brooks trading style which is registred with the Office of Fair Trading in relation to our Consumer Credit Licences.

Just by way of some history, the debt management company was set up in 1999 and is therefore one of the longest established debt management companies in the UK. One Advice itself was set up in 2005 to provide IVAs in-house. Prior to that clients suitable for an IVA were indeed passed to Mazars, hence the reference to them in the thread (I cannot however shed light on the reference to Tenon as we have never had a relationship with that company nor has there been any Insolvency Practitioner who has left here to work at Tenon, although if gracey84 would like to contact me I will certainly look into this).

I joined the company in January 2007 and have over 25 years experience in insolvency, having begun my career with the Official Receiver's office in Liverpool. I subsequently held senior positions with both Grant Thornton and KPMG where I dealt with both personal and corporate insolvency.

I am licensed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association and sit on the board of the Debt Resolution Forum, a body set up to represent the IVA and Debt Management industry (http://www.debtresolutionforum.org.uk).

We also have another licensed insolvency practitioner here at Harrington Brooks, Antoinette Thorpe, who has previously worked with Melanie Giles at another company and is well known to her. Antoinette also has extensive insolvency experience.

I hope this gives you the reassurance you are looking for but if you have any further questions you can contact me by email at at **email removed** or on my direct line **phone number removed**
Last edited by David Rankin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm
Hi David and welcome to the forum. I've deleted your personal contact details - we don't recommend people put them on the forum as there has been occasions when people have been hit by spammers.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:51 pm
That is a great post from David, and certainly helps to clear up the confusion in this thread, and to explain the structure of the firms in this group.

If you are looking in David, please pass on my regards to Antoinette - I wondered what had happened to her, and remember some very happy times when she was working for me in Londonderry.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Hi
Welcome to the forum David.
Please put your web contact details in your signature, similar to Mel's above
Regards
Andam Davies

Garry.d

Post by Garry.d » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm
Hi I am currently in an iva with Harrington Brooks and am having so much trouble trying to get to speak to one of the IP's.The people I have spoken too refuse to tell me their names or contact details saying the IP's arent on site.My partner and myself have been so stressed as trying yo speak to IP to talk through our change in circumstances.I have emailed David Rankin and awaiting a reply.

linrog

Post by linrog » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:36 am
i dont think david rankin is with them now my iva was closed 11/4/16 and i had different ip sign it off
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:43 am
Agree - this is a very old post and I believe Garry has had email details of the current IP's for this company.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:26 pm
repeated thread.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:32 pm
It's just the post that's a repeat - this is a very old thread.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:02 am
sorry I meant post.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”