Fed up of Equity in Finance

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:44 pm
We have been in an iva for nearly 4 years now. For the past 2 years we have been getting nothing but hassle from equity in finance. They keep sending the same authorisation forms time and time for ppi. Each time we send them back and they receive them. We have filled them in at least 10 times now!

What makes it worse is that we never took out any ppi anyway so don't know why we have to do this in the first place.
Does anyone know the best way to make a complaint because this is beyond a joke.

Thanks

SFA

Post by SFA » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Do as I did when EIF began to threaten me and complain to your IVA company.
EIF were on the phone to me today after I began to send forms by recorded delivery. They apologised and admitted they are way behind with claims and have sent blanket letters to clients threatening "if you fail to co operate, they will close the case and report the client to their IP to report non co operation " by the client.
I have demanded that the apology is now sent to me in writing and I've also asked for a full breakdown of the claims and what the results were as I've never been told either by EIF or my IVA company in over 4 years. A disgrace.
I have complained to the IVA firm too, for not making it clear that I didn't have to sign authority for EIF to make PPI claims on my behalf.
SFA

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:16 pm
Thanks sfa. We have been told that we can't complete the iva until all ppi is sorted out and we dont want it held up when completion time comes.

SFA

Post by SFA » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 pm
The guy who rang me today told me they had an awful lot of claims going in on behalf of various IVA firms and that they were struggling with the workload. This resulted in clients getting the same forms of authority sent out time and time again. I've signed endless forms until I started sending them by recorded delivery to EIF and copies to my IVA firm via recorded delivery. More has happened in the past 2 weeks than the last few years. Strikes me that they are driven by greed rather than service to clients. In a short time, PPI will dry up and what field of " expertise " will these leeches turn to then ?
Keep the pressure on them, use recorded delivery and do likewise with your IVA firm .
It's a disgrace that you are being prevented from moving on by their inefficiency.
All the very best wishes.
SFA

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 am
"EIF were on the phone to me today after I began to send forms by recorded delivery. They apologised and admitted they are way behind with claims and have sent blanket letters to clients threatening "if you fail to co operate, they will close the case and report the client to their IP to report non co operation " by the client"

One can only wonder what the Ministry of Justice would make of this were you to lodge a formal complaint. The IP firms who use this company ought to seriously consider whether they are referring their clients to the right place.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:34 am
Maybe someone ought to lodge a formal complaint to stop this awful practice and allow people to move on with their lives.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Sue.04

Post by Sue.04 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:18 am
Hi, I am in the same position and have also received one of these awful letters, but I emailed EIF and told them to stop harassing me as my IVA was completed in June 2013 and I have received my Cert of Completion. I have not heard from them since I sent my stern email and I hope that I never have to deal with EIF again. They truly are so inefficient.

Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:46 pm
I have recently received a letter of apology from this "company" (thanks to Roisin at MCD, I had almost lost the plot with them so thank you for contacting them to clarify things, very much appreciated) after I had received the self same letter from said company threatening to send a non-compliance letter to my IP. I had actually intended to take matters further due to their continual borderline harassment and would have done so if it had not been sorted (and still might if they start up again).

I do not really blame the IVA companies for using companies such as this, however given the vast amounts of money this particular company must be collecting and the continual complaints against them surely it would be in everyone's best interest to claim directly themselves and pay monies over without a ridiculous percentage deduction from a company who does not appear to have a clue?

Always very wary of companies who have no online method of contact either.

On the mend

Post by On the mend » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 pm
Just got off the phone with Equity in Finance,yet again, who claimed I hadn't sent back yet another form.
They seemed quite surprised when I told them that Barclays had acknowledged they had received all the ppi paperwork in question.
Barclays had previously cut out Equity in Finance and contacted me and DFD direct when dealing with previous ppi.
Barclays, it would appear, would prefer not to deal with Equity in Finance at all.(Who does?)
Hopefully Equity in Finance crumbles once the PPI bubble bursts. Absolute parasites.
Last payment 02/02/15.
Completion certificate 07/05/15

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:57 pm
They are a joke. Our ppi claim has been goin on for 3 years now and still no end in sight. Wouldn't mind weve never even taken any out , I hope they start to pull their finger out as the end of our iva is finally in sight and I dont want their incompetence to hinder this
Steven & Debbie

country girl

Post by country girl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 am
I agree Struzzo39 I had never taken this out either but felt pressurised into agreeing to this. I am hoping it will not hold things up either.

baldy

Post by baldy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 pm
When there is the slightest smell of making some money out of somebody, some companys will do anything to get it.

Sadly there seems to be more companys becoming like that getting involved in the IVA road.

Baldy

The Major

Post by The Major » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm
I think Equity in Finance may crumble following the end of the PPI claimback, shareholders of Equity in Finance can retire to Barbados, there will never again be such a money spinner as the PPI episode, has been for this company
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”