Leavin' on a jet plane ....

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:36 pm
..... don't know when I'll be back again.

Due to office moves I have elected to take early retirement from the day job and will cast my shackles in about 10 weeks. Originally there were thoughts of getting more involved here with the forum, but that has taken a different course.

So, I have decided, at least in the short term, to go out and join the real world and get some fresh air while I consider options.

Final thoughts for those thinking of entering an IVA: Speak to several firms. Try to stay away from the "big boys", chose small to medium firms who will treat you as an individual. Ask if you can speak directly to the IP if required and, if you own your property ask for a written example of how they calculate equity, so you get no nasty surprises when the time comes. Be honest and upfront and tell your chosen firm everything as it happens ( they don't like surprises either!).

If you have any questions, ask on here -- no question is silly (and you can bet someone else wants to know the answer but is too nervous to ask).

For those already in IVA's: Don't dwell on it and it will pass faster. Don't be afraid to challenge your IP -- they make mistakes too ! (Really?? )
And, the same applies to questions .. ASK.

Best of luck to all of you in the times ahead ... remember, debt freedom is just around the corner. In the words of William Wallace (with apologies):

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our creditors that they may take our credit cards, but they'll never take... OUR DEBT FREEDOM!"
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm
You will be missed Foggy. Don't stay away too long as your advice is invaluable.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm
Good luck with the new adventures!

You will be missed!

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 pm
Bon voyage Foggy, have a great adventure.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:35 pm
Good luck - enjoy your freedom:)
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 pm
Oh my the thought of you not being around on here makes me really uneasy . your advice and knowledge have kept me feeling totally alone
I hope you have adventures beyond your wildest dreams
Thank you

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 pm
Good luck foggy, you were really helpful with your advice when I was going through my IVA. Enjoy the adventure!

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:24 pm
Best of luck Foggy and thanks for all the advice over the last 4 years. Keep in touch x

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 pm
Hi

Foggy, thank you for your huge contribution over the years. Hope you decide to come back one day and I hope enjoy your early retirement
Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:01 am
Thank you for all of the kind comments.

In the very short term I intend to enjoy the lead up to Christmas at my leisure and --- get this for an aspiration ---- watch the Christmas Lectures without having to record them.

After that the world is my Lobster :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:36 pm
Foggy, You will be missed, enjoy your adventure in the big wide world, and enjoy the fresh air. I hope you and little foggy have a wonderful time and I will look out for your posts when you return.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:01 pm
Foggy ..it seems only a few weeks ago since we exchanged a conversation where you told me your plans....it's now time for you to start that journey. I hope everything works out for you and little foggy and look forward to keeping touch off forum...best wishes x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 pm
Very best wishes from me too and you will of course be missed. However try and dip in when you can as your experience and advice is always invaluable.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”