credit File

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Faz3270

Post by Faz3270 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:01 pm
Hi guys I am in need of some advise, I completed my iva in February got cc, signed up to noddles to see, and clean credit file, all well until today, i have two new defaults from Cabot financial Europe ltd that I have no idea why. first is dated15/01/2015, and the second 12/02/15 both state mail order, and the accounts opened in February 14 & March 14.
I have not had any mail order or credit since iva started, I am at a loss to what this is, I think it could be id fraud what are my options, should I contact my ip at mc Duffy?
Last edited by Faz3270 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doritos

Post by doritos » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:06 pm
I'd also get in touch with the issuers of the cards / credit lines and see what they say

Faz3270

Post by Faz3270 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:11 pm
Thats the thing I have no idea who, how do I find out?
Last edited by Faz3270 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:41 am
Unless you had a six year IVA, details of that will still show on your credit record but you could contact Cabot and explain that you have completed an IVA and require all defaults to go back to the date you took it out.

There should be head office details on the letters or you could try looking at their website as it should be on there and write to the data controller.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:44 am
Have a look here for useful information and a template letter ( about half way down the page).

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Faz3270

Post by Faz3270 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:02 am
Thanks guys, the issue I have is that the new two defaults on my record are new, not old, I have no idea what they are,I have not had any credit or mail order since before iva in 2009. This is totally a new default, I have never received any letters or demands from any lender. This to me feels like someone has used my details or it's a scam, just when I was getting to the end of this long road this pops up.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:18 am
I would speak to Cabot and see what they have to say about it.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 am
It it possible that the debt was sold on and the new creditor has issued defaults, not knowing about the IVA, you need to try to identify the debts and tell the new creditor about the IVA and ask that they date the defaults accordingly --- otherwise remove them. The CRA should also be willing to assist.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:39 pm
The defaulted debts will have a default balance and a current balance recorded against them,

If you look at those balances you may recognise them as similar amounts to certain debts that were in your IVA and this might help you identify them as debts that were in your IVA that could have been bought by Cabot.

You can dispute the entries with the CRA and they should record a notice of dispute and contact the creditor regarding the defaults and hopefully get more clarity for you.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm
I did that with mine and they did dispute it, however the record of dispute was taken off and they did not contact the creditor. I am having to do that myself.
Bob Marley.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 pm
I`ve had a couple of issues kallis that Experian, not Noddle have been involved in.

One was a rogue search from a DCA that Experian got removed from my file and the other issue, though they helped as best as they could, they couldn`t get resolved because of a downright refusal to comply from the creditor concerned (even after intervention from my IVA provider admin team), so I`ll probably have to go through the whole correctional process via the relevant routes to get sorted.
Last edited by Goosed on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm
I just have one from RBS which is showing just on Equifax which I need to get sorted. I have to get a letter off to them.
Bob Marley.

Faz3270

Post by Faz3270 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 pm
Thanx guys, I have contacted Cabot financial who to be honest were not very helpful, they kept asking for a reference number, told them I did not have one, then they checked using my surname only to say they can't see new defaults, I don't recognise the new default amounts, so don't they are old accounts, got credit report from expairian nothing listed on that, just waiting for equfax now, I asked if they could tell me name of mail order company that has passed account to them. No joy. I managed to raise a dispute they will look into it once they recieve copy of the default that on my callcredit file. Should I contact the police about possible I'd theft?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am
I would wait until you get your other record. Have you also checked Call Credit? You can do that for free via Noddle. You do have to put details in but you never pay for it, I think it's just to confirm you are who you say you are.

As regards ID theft - has there been any unusual activity on your bank account?
Bob Marley.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:15 pm
Faz3270,

It seems that Cabot are old hands at placing defaults on peoples credit files for debts that are not theirs.

If you google:

Cabot Finance default on file for debt that is not mine

you will find a large amount of information from people who have had this happen to them and hopefully some advice on what you can do.

Cabot, it seems, try chasing people for debts with tenuous or no links at all to them that have been up to 20 years old.
Last edited by Goosed on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Cantona
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”