Told completion wont go ahead with out signing the deed of assignment form which I refuse to sign

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

Jeffrey.d

Post by Jeffrey.d » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:19 pm
i finished my iva on the 28/02/2014 with ppi still on going with equitity fianace until the end of september 2014 when all the ppi claims were closed which was agreed with debtfree direct.
Since then i have asked debtfree direct for completion and all i get is you will have to sign a deed of assignment so they can complete my iva.
i recieved a deed of assignment form back in january this year and told debt free direct that i was not willing to sign the form due to being so close to finishing my iva.
I have ask to speak to my ip supervisor on several occasions to no avail,have now been told completion wont go ahead with out signing the deed of assignment form which i refuse to sign.
could somebody give me advice on this matter.
jeff

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 pm
Basically, as long as you refuse to sign they will not complete.

They could even fail the IVA for non compliance.

What is the reason for not wanting to sign ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Til

Post by Til » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:27 pm
We just signed a deed of assignment with DFD to end our IVA and I see nothing wrong with it - it merely stated that I assign any future PPI monies to the IVA.

Since we do not have any PPI it was a no brainer and DFD got our IVA closed in super fast time after we signed it.

Do you have particular reasons for not wanting to sign over the PPI?
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 pm
I would just sign and return the paperwork as the others have suggested.

It really isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm
We were with Cleardebt and had DRSP look for ppi. We didn't take and had no problems signing DoAs. If any ppi turns up, they are welcome to it. Hubby had completion certificate less than 7 weeks after his last payment. I have been waiting 25 days since my last payment. Hubby had nearly 40k written off, I do not begrudge them any ppi!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:33 am
Can't understand why you wouldn't sign the form personally. Don't let something so small fail your iva after all this time!

You have the right to speak to your IP ...DFD should be able to arrange this conversation.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Jeffrey.d

Post by Jeffrey.d » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 am
I don't want sign because I have finished my payments and all the Ppi have been cleared as with my contract.
I think I am in my right not to sign and it should not affect my iva I am not in breech of my contract as all the Ppi have been completed.
If I were to sign does it mean they can claim on any money inherited as well how long does this all go on

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 am
Yes, you have made all of your payments, no you have not finished your IVA.

All PPI discovered so far has been cleared. As has been demonstrated recently, many claims denied earlier are now being paid, and many claims were under paid, this might happen again and you IP wants to be sure that money goes into the IVA, as it should.

You can, of course, refuse to sign. You are, however obloged by the contract to comply with reasonable requests by your IP and it can be failed due to non compliance. In the meantime you are still in the IVA and bound by it -- si, if you inherit or win the lottery before this is sorted the IVA will have that money as well.

Once you have your completion certificate any money you get AFTER that date is yours ( except PPI).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Jeffrey.d

Post by Jeffrey.d » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 am
Hi Foggy
As I have said before the Ppi have been closed with equity finance and deft free are aware of this so I can't understand why they can't complete

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 am
Hi Jeffrey. As I said, PPI matters change. Although this look tied up now, there could be more coming in the future ( as has already happened with one bank found to have underpaid claims). So DFD want to protect that potential PPI. As soon as they have that protection, they will complete.

Til

Post by Til » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:21 pm
Our deed of assignment specifically referred to PPI and so would not cover any other ingeritance or windfall. Hence I was happy to sign and DFD clearly worded it purely to relate to PPI only.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi

Take our advice and comply with DFD, your IVA will not complete until you do this so you are still bound by it's terms so any inheritance will be captured

Regards
Andam Davies

bridgey

Post by bridgey » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 pm
Sign the form.

With all due respect, stop being pedantic, sign the form, complete the IVA, and GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

The DOA will only be in relation to PPI payments so any inheritance or windfalls wont be included.... unless you keep refusing to sign the forms, in which case they will form part of your IVA.

Sign. The. Form.

:)

ps - sign the form
Half the lies you tell aint true

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:06 pm
No brainer, just sign. And lets say in 6 months time you do recieve a couple of grand from PPI who is going to know?...hush hush!!But thats up to you.
Over and out

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi Jeffrey.d,
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Evette
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”