Weeks from completion (worried) (Freeman Jones)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:14 pm
Weeks from completing a six year IVA with Freeman Jones and becoming worried. Vague telephone call today after I called to ask why I had received a letter requesting documents (I sent last month) to complete an annual review. (I was told no more would take place, just a closing review of the previous 12 months) Last month I sent in payslips upto June and our tax credit report showing significant reductions in payments for this final year
The lady I spoke to me said at the moment our account showed arrears of £87 from surplus income last year. This had previously been discussed and our payments increased slightly to clear. She said our payments made weekly complicates things in terms of accurate calculations and she can't say if we'll owe more and maybe need to make further payments. I told her this is not what I want to hear right now. I want to complete, on time. She advised I call in October after our final payment (25th Sept) to discuss further. I just want to finish on time and put all of this behind us. My husbands wages are regular and our tax credit reduced as I mentioned so I can't imagine where they think we may owe anymore. [:(!]
Last edited by Mr-Mrsear on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 pm
I suppose all I'm wondering is how straight forward (fingers crossed) things will be or not (worse case scenario)
Communication from Freeman Jones has never been great. I've always chased them for reassurance that everything is in order and until today I've always got that reassurance. Now I've a feeling that things are going to get complicated so close to the end.(oh we can't make calculations because you pay weekly) (Never been a problem in six years!)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 pm
Spencer Last from FJ regularly looks in on the forum -- hopefully he will see this and pick up on it for you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 pm
Hi Mr-Mrsear,

My name is Spencer, I am part of the team at Freeman Jones.

First of all congratulations on nearing the end of your IVA. I would like to look into your concerns mentioned and see exactly what’s required to achieve completion of your IVA.

Please could you send me an email with your Freeman Jones reference number to spencer.last@freemanjones.com and I will get straight on to this for you.

Regards
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 pm
Many thanks foggy.

And I have emailed you Spencer.

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:38 pm
Hi Mr-Mrsear,

Thank you for your email,

We are currently looking into your case for you to determine exactly what is required to complete your IVA.

We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:59 pm
Excellent comms again Spencer. Nice to see.
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:03 pm
Spencer has been a great help. (Thank you again) Our case was looked at today. Unfortunately despite my regular chasing calculations we do owe a small amount. Going to struggle with increased payments to finish on time! Can't wait

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 pm
Glad it's sorted for you and hoping you cope with the added payments to finish on time All the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:14 am
The end is in sight ... for the sake of another month or so why stretch yourselves ? If it can be cleared by a small extension I would consider that rather than make life difficult now for the next couple of months ...

Well done on reaching the end ..its an achievement you should be proud off
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Thank you all. I so desperately want to finish on time so am willing to scrape 7 weeks for the sake of this date that's been in my mind for such a long time.

Been on the phone to freeman Jones again today as this outstanding balance was bugging the life out of me. Apparently because I'm a weekly payer it's caused problems, with there being four Fridays in some months and five in others. Funny that as there's 52 weeks in a year! I just give up!

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:55 pm
Turns out after my persistent moaning that they were in the wrong as I suspected. Payments were put up prior to the error being noted but have now been significantly reduced and we're going to complete payments a week earlier! Happy days!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:00 pm
Well done! It's a great day keeping all your pay!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 pm
Excellent news - very pleased for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:44 am
Well done - sorry you had to revert to a forum for your IP to sort this for you.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”