In which thing can i save money

11 posts Page 1 of 1

paternobama

Post by paternobama » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Hello everyone, I don't know how to save money, whatever money I earn I spend all of them. So please suggest me how should i save money?
Last edited by paternobama on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 pm
Hiya, We don't save much I admit. I have a savings jar at home for loose change and I do put £2 coins in it if I get any (not that often!), I stopped buying a coffee from the garage on the way to work and I stopped buying a newspaper (just read on-line now!).
Used to waste money on magazines, now buy a good book that takes longer to read (less pictures). You could sell some old stuff on ebay or do a car boot sale?
I am always on the lookout for savings in the supermarket. Tescos have 1/2 price cereals at the moment so I will be in there tomorrow to buy 10 boxes - will save a lot of money in the long-run. We also use the longlife mike as it's cheaper than fresh, value veg to cook with and the cheapest tinned tomatoes etc to bulk cook for the freezer.
I buy most of my clothes on ebay - not fashion consious at all - got a cardigan for 29p last night (£2.00 p&p).
It doesn't matter if you can only save £1 a week - it all adds up.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 pm
One little tip I have adopted is not to carry money around with you! Then you can't be tempted to buy that magazine ( it's only £4.95) or that CD on Offer ( only £5).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm
Is this one for the spam gun?!?
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm
Probably, PD -- unless you want to buy a treadmill --- good subject for a thread though :-) .... money saving tips, not treadmills!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 pm
Hahha some folk are really sneaky and will try anything to force traffic to a website!!

Paul

johnnydepp

Post by johnnydepp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 am
Become a full-blown cheapskate.
Order for pick-up.
Don’t wash your jeans.
Use Google Talk and get a cheaper phone plan.
Use public transportation.
Cut your cable.
Wait for sales.
Buy your winter coat in the summer.
Go on cheap dates.
Move in with your parents.

lem

Post by lem » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm
Hmmmm, thanks for that, being in an iva and not having any disposable income I've been desperately wondering where I should deposit that spare 100k I have lying around not doing anything

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:42 pm
I can look after any spare cash lem!!

Paul

martinw

Post by martinw » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by paternobama

Hello everyone, I don't know how to save money, whatever money I earn I spend all of them. So please suggest me how should i save money?
What I do is I have 2 current accounts and multiple savings accounts

Current Account 1 - direct debits, standing orders and wages
Current Account 2 - day to day spending

Savings for car maintenance, tax, insurance ect
Savings for presents
Savings for medical bills (my glasses are ~£100)

If you setup current account 1 correctly you should have wages coming in, bills paid, savings topped up and a lowish balance (but never below 0)

Current account 2 is then used for day to day spending, on a basic account it's pretty well impossible to go overdrawn and incurr fees (most bank fees tend to be direct debit)

If you need to spend on car, you transfer into your spending account (for my annual insurance I transferred money while on phone renewing, so I got amount right)

This is working for me so far (been about 6 months), nice to know that money in spending account isn't needed for a bill

Martin

Estella

Post by Estella » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:32 am
there is some tips to save your money as well The very best way to save money is to set up an automatic withdrawal from your savings.don't buy useless things.Pay your bills by the usual banking methods.Setup your budget .Avoid Clubs and bar.Put your cards somewhere safe,
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “money saving tips”