Highs and lows of final year...any thoughts?

5 posts Page 1 of 1

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 pm
Hi
Im in my final year...and its dragging.ive been fortunate to have found this forun but now my iva is all I can think about and im even dreaming about competion problems when they may not even happen...the thing is I work in a finance related job and if my emplyers found out my circs id be sacked for failing to declare the financial "interest" as it would go down like a lead balloon.

On the positive side so far ive managed to budget when at one stagr I had to have cash advances to survive. I was calso very lucky to get a new job just as I reached crisis point.. Well credit limits on cards which was worth 7k a year so my creditors are getting spprpx 79p dividend and I pay #821 a month...yes shameful 50k worth debts.

Anyway 3 to go and wondered how everypne else felt in year 4.
Claire
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:29 am
I personally managed my IVA month by month, never looked any further forward. I found the wait for the completion certificate horrendous. i only waited a short time but my impatience returned. Finished in January this year and received certificate in April so hardly any time compared to some but it was the longest 3 months of the IVA.

Well done for almost completing and I wish you a very speedy, smooth and stress free completion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm
Hi lesley...congratulations on conpleting xxx
I thought I've been impatient the last few months!
Im sure after my last payment has gone itll be...I want my name off THE LIST!
Until then its praying for payday...not for the money but for the payment date to come.shows how far ive come I suppose.
Cm x
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:24 am
I was in year 5 thus may 14 to have another 12 months ext be then told that Cleardebt had got it wrong and I didn't have the 12 month ext in my clause! Was so happy to hear I was in credit and that I would get this back then DRSP ring and say that there are some PPI claims still outstanding and that I cannot complete until it's done.

It wouldn't be so bad if even tho it was open we were not bound by the laws of it esp as I have followed and kept to the conditions. To be told I am finished but cant officially have it in writing and then be told I still have to ask " permission" if I want to sell my house is horrible. " the supervisior may still ask for any money made"... hang in I've finished! !!! I've given everything I can. ..guess this is the small print no one reads. Just horrible!
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 am
Some IPs take the stance that all done when final payment made and pending completion cert. It maybe you have to run a house sale past them still as any restrictions won't be lifted until full closure is completed .... am sure it won't be an issue
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”