Stopping Childcare Vouchers Question & a Payrise

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Dodgy_Keeper

Post by Dodgy_Keeper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi all,

Bit of a long winded one I'm afraid, but it's all in the spirit of being fully prepared for the upcoming Annual review next month!

So.......

When I started my IVA I had a childcare allowance in my I&E, & I paid for childcare vouchers. Two kids, one was before and after school care, one was full time nursery (which was paid for by vouchers).

In September, little one left nursery to start school. Therefore I stopped the vouchers (bar £1 a month) and started paying by cash to the new minder (who has the eldest!). It's the same amount a month as it was before. So I can't see that being a problem. (I hope)!

So when I stopped the vouchers, my monthly salary went up (as I wasn't paying for vouchers), but the outgoings in the I&E went up as I was paying cash for both kids.

Now in a month I'm getting a promotion at work, and will be getting a 10% payrise. Will this be compared against my monthly salary that had the vouchers, or the monthly salary that did not have the vouchers?

It's all quite confusing!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:41 am
Sorry that no-one has got back to you so far on this post.

It doesn't really matter whether your net salary (ie after taking off the vouchers) or a grossed up salaru with the childcare payments then showing in the expenditure section - as the net effect should be the same - as it will be now with your amended figures.

I always gross things like this up for my own clients, as it gives a higher earning threshold when applying the 10% uplift provision.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 am
Hope Mel's answer has reassured you and congratulations on your promotion and new job.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 am
Congratulations from me too and this seems relatively straightforward. The payrise will be addressed at the annual review although cost of living increases could seriously erode any increase in surplus income. It would not come under the 10% 50/50 rule but your new net salary should mean higher overtime for you going forward.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bonus, overtime, pay rises and windfalls”