Am I entitled to PPI compensation now I have been discharged from my IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

Susan.lt

Post by Susan.lt » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm
My iva finished almost 3 years ago and I am now in the process of reclaiming mis-sold ppi on a loan which became part of the iva debt. Am I entitled to the compensation now I have been discharged from the iva?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:18 pm
It is likely that the PPI will remain an asset of the IVA even after closure. Make sure you do not incur a debt to a claims management fee if the PPI is offset or sent to the IP firm.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm
Hi Michael

I thought once you receive the completion certificate you had finished all your obligations to the IVA and you go back to a normal life not still having to report every penny back to IP?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Hi Wiz. I has been argued that PPI was an asset during the life of the IVA and is therefore payable into it after the event.
Anything that arises after completion is of no interest to IP or creditors.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm
I was told by grant Thornton I will get some ppi money back.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm
Thanks Foggy

Although its not relevant to me I am sure it will be of interest to others

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:41 pm
Sharon10, we all were but I have yet to hear of anyone getting any back. If anyone has please let us know as at the moment it seems GT and EIC are not bothering to pass back the interest they said we could have.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 am
It really does depend upon the wording of your original proposal Susan. Not all IVAs included provision for PPI reclaims to be treated as assets - so if you are in any doubt have a chat with the IP who acted for you in the IVA to be sure. Unless the amounts are material, it is quite likely that they will not want to be bothered to reopen your case again - even if the monies are deemed to be an asset.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Joanne.60

Post by Joanne.60 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Peejayel

Sharon10, we all were but I have yet to hear of anyone getting any back. If anyone has please let us know as at the moment it seems GT and EIC are not bothering to pass back the interest they said we could have.
Hi,
I have been asking for my 8% interest from the ppi for over 16 months. Grant Thorton told me last week they are still working on a data base and have know way of dealing with it yet as they are still testing a trial before the customers can have their 8% back. They couldn't give me a time scale either. I had my closure certificate in Sept 2013. Shocking service I just keep getting told how lucky I am that they are giving me 8% anyway. Let us know how you get on

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:24 pm
Not heard anything from EIC since we signed the papers rang them last month as they have collected over 8K from hubby's ppi and over 7K from mine but they said they were still waiting to hear back from Capital one. I am going to start ringing them monthly as we finish in 12 months and would hate to still have this ongoing then. We have not heard anything from GT about the 8% except that they will pay it once the PPI investigations are complete for us. I will believe it when it happens
Last edited by Pandy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
I'd like to know exactly what they are testing, Joanne - do you think you could find out more?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Joanne.60

Post by Joanne.60 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MelanieGiles

I'd like to know exactly what they are testing, Joanne - do you think you could find out more?
When I spoke to them they said as it was a very complicated process of allocating the correct monies to the different creditors and then working out what needs to be paid to whom they needed to set up a data base to be able to do this. I am of course no expert but on all the letters we had around PPI it stated on the documents how much was tax, interest and what how much PPI was paid.Grants had all these papers and I guess there is already a system set up to the pay the creditors because of the IVA payments that were set up to pay them each month. I would really appreciate your help in investigating this matter if you could, I think it must be stalling tactics as I haven't heard of anyone who had their IVA with Grants getting the 8% interest yet. Thanks

No_Money

Post by No_Money » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am
At least you might get the 8% interest. I've been told it's going into my Iva pot as an not allowed to keep it.
Officially debt free as of 10th Feb 2015

Joanne.60

Post by Joanne.60 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 pm
Yes you're right I know some people won't be getting anything.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by No_Money

At least you might get the 8% interest. I've been told it's going into my Iva pot as an not allowed to keep it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm
With GT, assuming they ever sort it out, it is all down to the timing and whether or not you signed the new Ts&Cs (spotty letters).

I was told that once it had hit the pot it wasn't going to be coming back out again. Anything paid before the signing of Ts&Cs is lost to the IVA.

Other firms take varying views.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”