marlin financial services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

zaza78

Post by zaza78 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm
Hi all

After completing my iva and receiving certificate in October I thought everything was going to be onwards and upwards.

However 3 weeks ago I was doing a routine check on my credit file as I am going through a remortgage and I have noticed on my file a new default from a marlin financial services dated as defaulted in 2009. It looks likely my northern rock debt was sold on as the figure illustrated was similar to what was in arrears at some point at that time but why this is on my file following completion 7 months ago is a mystery and it pops up now!

This has made me furious and I am totally distressed due to the fact my mortgage adviser and underwriters handling my application have queried it.

I have emailed and received correspondence from call credit who have removed it while its investigated but experian is awaiting a response from them before removing.

I have contacted my IVA company but they haven't responded yet and am beyond disappointment.

I am going to ring marlin tomorrow having found a number.

Absolutely peeved
Last edited by zaza78 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Til

Post by Til » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 pm
Our IVA started in August 2008 and Marlin have just defaulted us from this January! Again they bought our NR debt. I will have a letter ready for the CRA's and them when the time comes as think they are clearly defaulting people very wrongly!

If they are doing this across the board I would hope that their regulators would slap them on the wrist although I'm pretty certain they'll get away with causing problems like this and won't care a bit!
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 pm
Which IP firm acted for you, zaza?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

zaza78

Post by zaza78 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MelanieGiles

Which IP firm acted for you, zaza?
Hi Melanie

W3 acted on my behalf. I am going to be phoning them this morning as I do not accept silence [:)]
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”