Is there a time limit on how long an IVA supervisor can hold off sending a completion certificate ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.gd

Post by Tony.gd » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:05 pm
Is there a time limit on how long an IVA supervisor can hold off from sending a completion certicate. Mine has just declared another 12 months for PPI investigations they atarted in the last year. IVA last payment Mar 2013.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 pm
I don't believe there is ...unfortunately every IP appears to have differing timescales and processes. If it were me, I would be contacting them fortnightly if not weekly to chase it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:54 am
Tony - as lulu says it's an open-ended thing for some IP's. However, I think if it were me I would be demanding (politely!) to know exactly why it will take yet another 12 months.

If they fail to provide you with a response you are happy with then you can start the internal complaints procedure, name and shame on here and go from there.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 am
It should not really take longer than one further year for an IP to work through their PPI investigation, however if claims have to be submitted to the Financial Ombudsman, if the lenders refuse to pay out, then they have a current waiting list in excess of a year.

Unfortunately, the actual timing is largely out of our hands.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”