How do I get record of un-completed IVA removed from credit file as I went bankrupt ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

clive.g

Post by clive.g » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 pm
Hi all.. Hope someone can help.. In 2008 I wnet through an Iva.. But unfortunatly I couldnt keep up with payments and went bankrupt in 2010.. So when i went bankrupt I never actually ended the Iva completing all payments as I went bankrupt..

What my problem is, Is that The Iva is still showing up on my credit report and Im struggling to get it removed as i dont have a letter saying it was completed.. As obv i wasnt as i just stoppped making payments to the iva as i went bankrupt..

Im concerned that if im unable to get it removed will it effect me ever getting a morgage or anything like that once my bankrupcy is removed, If my Iva is still on there.. Or will it eventually be removed the Iva once the bankruptcy is??

Sorry a bit confusing.. Hope someone understands what im getting at and is able to advise.. Thanks from Clive :D
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:38 pm
I would assume that the details would fall off after six years but perhaps someone else would know for sure.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”