Up front fees

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Joanne.74

Post by Joanne.74 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm
Have a guy coming round tomorrow night from xs remarketing ltd but have read a few bad posts about up front fees,he said approx £400 but have read people paying in excess of £900 ,not sure what to do and am new to this? Regards Jo

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 pm
Hi Jo. I would never pay any upfront fees for an insolvency solution. There are plenty of reputable firms out there who will not ask for anything upfront and, in the event that the proposal isn't accepted will have worked for free.

I would suggest you speak to another couple of companies before making any decisions and do a little more research. Once you are in an IVA you are tied for 5 or 6 years, so need to be sure of the firm you have working for you.

Up front fees is a bit of a red flag, in my eyes.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

The Major

Post by The Major » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:43 pm
Hi Joanne

You have to ask yourself why are they charging you upfront when some others do not, and the Guy coming round tomorrow will that be his or his companies referral fee just to pass you on to someone you can contact yourself, please take note about the bad posts you have already read on up front fees,

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:48 am
There are plenty of competent people posting on here that can help that charge no fees. Personally, I used Cleardebt who were fantastic. They charged no up front fees and handled everything over the phone. No way would I be letting anyone in who thought they were having money from me. You do not have to pay for excellent service. Read the posts and reviews and call a couple. Believe me, things happen in your IVA lifetime and you need an IP who you can work with and not one just after money!!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm
Hi

No need to pay any upfront fees

Speak with other companies/experts and get a second/third opinion

Regards
Andam Davies

althas

Post by althas » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm
Upfront fees? Say Bye Bye to the firm asking for it and talk to someone else. There are many superb IP's on this site that would not charge upfront
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am
There is no need to pay up front fees for advice. There is also no guarantee that you would get your money back if an IVA was not the option or rejected so try some other firms who do not charge.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”