Final Certificate - PG Recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

debt tired

Post by debt tired » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm
We did a Full and Final IVA last March with Melanie, for which we are very grateful. However, the final certificate we were told would be ready in March has still not been issued. PPI investigation did not start till very late, and on enquiring 3 months ago we were told that we were still awaiting an answer from one lender.

Contacted Nicola last month who told us PPI not complete. As we said Mickey had told us he was only awaiting one answer 2 months previously we were put through to him. It seems the lender's response had got lost in the post. Said it would now go for completion. So far, so good.

However my husband has been off work for almost a year due to mental health problems (just as well the IVA was a F&F) and this is causing him immense stress as it has now been 16 months. If someone relevant sees this, could they please help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 pm
Hi Debt tired. Might I suggest that you contact Mel, or one of her team, directly so they can identify you and get this sorted.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm
Hi debt tired,

Do you mean your full and final was March 2013?

Did you actually have ppi to claim for? as Melanie`s company send out a form with each yearly review pack asking you to answer yes or no as to whether you are entitled to ppi compensation.
Last edited by Goosed on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm
I assume that the IVA was approved March 2013 and you expected a certificate in March this year.

This is not really that long especially if either of you was self employed. I am sure Melanie and her team want to close the file down as quickly as possible but ultimately you are debt free.

Contact Melanie and her team and I am sure they will be able to give you an update but none of this will prevent your husband from returning to work whether he has the certificate or not.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:56 pm
Thank you for drawing this to my attention Michael - I would always prefer it if my clients contacted me directly where they have issues to raise. I do not recognise debt tired from their forum name, so if they would like to contact me using the forum link I will see what I can do to assist.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 pm
I'm sure that Melanie will do he utmost to assist and hoping the OP has now contacted Melanie or will do so.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”