M&S

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 pm
Hi folks not been on here for some time. I'm IVA free now and after some time cleaned my files life is good. Not that way a few years ago. but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

However very annoyed with M&S. I applied for one of their new bank accounts and was declined. I have an excellent credit file so was concerned. I complained and they replied it is your credit file?? Lie No.1. I complained and stated all my credit files are excellent??? reply It is information on you from previous accounts??? lie No. 2? They should not have any information on me all my defaults were removed and I have a completion Cert which they were sent a copy last year as they had a default on me after my IVA?

I then put in a formal complaint last month still not heard anything how can they be above the law. Any ideas experts??

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:08 pm
If they were one of your creditors (or you had one from the same group of companies) they will retain your records for up to 7 years after your last association (which in this case would be when the IVA closed and the debt written off).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 pm
A bit naughty its like a blacklist. Shouldn't be allowed.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:58 am
The fact that you gritted your teeth and paid an IVA full term should count for something - but it does'nt seem to in this case [:(]
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:44 pm
No one or property is ever blacklisted for credit or banking services.....no such thing.So let's get that out of the way.
As for the 'excellent'creditfile assertions, again if you are relying on CR agencies then I would discount it.CR scores have no relevance to your credit rating as 'perceived by lender(s)'.It is a con.Period.

Lenders make many assumptions on applicants and are not privy to discuss all of them but only provide tentative indications.

I suggest you also examine your Credit file from all CR agencies.M and S use experian and equifax.

If lenders turn you down and you are convinced it isn't your file that you can admend in anyway then apply to a different bank.

There is little point in complaining.Banks are not obliged to lend or provide bank account and that is how the cookie crumbles.

Being in a previous iva with the bank does not exclude you.

Try another bank.
Last edited by TzeKin on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:59 pm
Thanks,

Ive checked all the CR it is very clean. Experian, Equifax and Call Credfit. I have a Bank account with First Direct. I was trying to get the £100 off M&S for their new Bank account. I just think you should not be penalised once you have completed your 5 years IVA and 6 years on your Credit File. Doesn't seem right.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:36 pm
I guess it is up to the individual lenders to set their own policies, and if they want to lose out on additional business then that is up to them.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 pm
Yes Mel well said. First Direct was brill. Highly recommend them M&S well I can't say it on here.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:50 pm
Have First Direct offered you facilities, markiboy?

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:51 pm
Everything, Credit card over draft. Not that I want either. Plus £100 for joining them. Why can't M&S thats why I think they are wrong and fibbed in their letters they sent me.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:06 pm
Good for them! They are one of the worst banks to deal with if you are in an IVA, so I definately applaud them for being supportive once an IVA has concluded. They get my gold star of the week award!!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”