EIC Leter of Authority

6 posts Page 1 of 1

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:05 pm
Hi can someone please help me.
I have completed my Iva and have my certificate of completion however I was asked if I would allow EIC to try to claim any monies from PPI which although I was initially reluctant, I was persuaded to go ahead and I wanted to get my certificate of completion.
I signed all the necessary forms and returned them (about a year ago I suppose).
A few months ago I received a letter from EIC asking me to sign a letter of authority for them to "dig deep" into my details and this included possible requests to be made of a credit reference agency and I have to give full authorisation for such action to be taken. I spoke to EIC and explained I am not happy with this and said I would not allow this to take place, They advised me to write back to them stating my reasons why (which I did) and heard nothing else however I have recently had another letter requesting another creditor to do the same thing and hoped this would have been almost at an end. Does anyone else know of this happening as I don't really want to go ahead with this.
I called again and was told to do the same again but was told that if I don't sign then GT will probably contact me directly. what does this all mean? and why do they need to contact a CRA?
I would be grateful if one of the experts could advise me?.
Thank you!.

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:32 pm
Hello, I just wonder if anyone can actually read this?.. not sure if its in the correct place?

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:02 pm
EIC use the CRA to find any credit you have ever taken and apply to all of it for PPI claim, even if you never had PPI. It is there way of squeezing every last drop out of you although they will tell you it is the creditors forcing them to do it, irrelevant that the creditors see very little of anything recovered after EIC have had there cut and GT there bit.
I had the same letter off them yesterday regarding a HBOS Credit card which I know I have never had. I rang them to ask them to send me details of it as I have never taken a HBOS one,(I only had 2 a Lloyds TSB one (PPI Paid out 6 months ago), and a Barclaycard but they just told me to write a letter stating I had never had one. So I wrote it on their Letter of Authority and returned it (only read afterwards not to write on it as it invalidates it LOL).

You are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea as if you dont play ball with them your IVA never gets closed. personally I just let them get on with it as if they want to waste there time chasing non exisiting things let them.
Last edited by Pandy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:14 am
Thank you Peejayel, I have in fact already received my certificate of completion. I just cannot understand why they need to sneak a look into my credit files...
Has anyone else had the same request from EIC? please let me know.

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:56 am
Hey there - we're also with GT and have been hounded by EIC for over 2 years now!
We had a F&F accepted in Nov last year - we spoke to GT about our CC and the iva is now closed with the cert in the post. #128522;
So as for these "requests" from EIC I'm not signing anything else and as soon we have that cert in our hands, I will answer the phone and explain as nicely as I can to back off I really can't see what they can do about it.
After 2 years they should have got their act together and closed this off. They've had their pound of flesh from me now!
I'll let you know the outcome if you want?
*** Don't look back, you're not going that way ***

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 am
Thanks for your reply! were you not asked to sign the Mvm or Mvh forms prior to completion? I was (although I didn't have to) but was told that I would stand a quicker chance of getting my completion certificate through. To be fair it did arrive not too long after I agreed to let them look into ppi but a good 18 months on its still going on. I have had another letter asking me to sign the letter of authority but don't really want to as I see no point. Im happy to sign a new form to allow them to investigate further however, I don't see why they need to look into my credit files. If this had been requested from the beginning then that would've been fine but suddenly asking to look into my files at this late stage I don't see what good this would do.
when I questioned this with Eic they said if I don't sign the form then GT could contact me directly! what is this supposed to change? and what can they actually do?
I would appreciate it if anyone else can advise me or have had the same issue.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”