Would I be left having to pay partners contribution for him if he changes career ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Sarahdr32

Post by Sarahdr32 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:20 pm
Hello, my partner went into an IVA last year, and is currently paying it back, no defaults or issues with it.
He is considering changing career and is thinking about going into teaching, hopefully on a salaried teacher training course but there is a likelihood that he wouldn't get the salaried option. If he was to get paid it would be roughly 15k vs the 21 he's on now. if not, then no money would be coming in from him at all.

I wanted to ask, would it be possible for him to do this, could he discuss with his IVA person to do this? Or would I be left having to pay the contribution for him?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Its his iva and not yours. He needs to discuss the effect of a pay cut on his ability to make his iva payment with his case supervisor.

Good luck to him

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:10 pm
Has your partner considered how this change of career might affect his IVA, Sarah? If he is left with no disposable income as a result of the reduction in income, you could make the payments for him, but you are certainly not obliged to if you do not wish to - the downside of course being that the IVA would fail.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”