Can I dispute balance because of a discrepancy in year one ? Just started final year.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Angie.r

Post by Angie.r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:28 pm
I have just started the 5th and final year of my IVA and during my annual review I was told that I had an outstanding balance of £2,350 from a discrepancy at the end of year 1! Surely this should have been discussed at that time and sorted, rather than leaving it until 10 months before the end? Do I have to pay? Is there any official way to complain? I'm panicking now because they are saying I'll have to extend my IVA until the outstanding balance is paid off, their other option was that I BORROW the £2,300?? That's how I ended up with an IVA in the first place!!! Can any please advise me if I can dispute it due to it not being sorted by them 4 years ago with me?

althas

Post by althas » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm
What is the discrepence in relation too?

Do you in fact owe the money?

Has it been a miscalculation?

A little more information and a bit of background would help, it would be hard to have an opinion one way or another

Have you called your IP and discussed it with them and why they have not raised it before?
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”