Halifax

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:27 am
Always had a NatWest account throughout IVA and to be fair I am happy with this. Walking to work this morning Halifax caught my eye, £100 to switch, they do it for you and pay you £5.00 @ month for being in credit and depositing x amt in and having at least two dd's. Great I thought, I'll apply. I did online, was accepted straightaway, was just about to complete and read the small print...Have you ever been bankrupt? Have you ever had an arrangement with your creditors? I didn't proceed but feel a bit gutted to be honest. I have a bank account, one I'm happy with but just thought to get £160 over the year for free would be nice but sadly not to be.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 pm
You would have been ok I am sure .... They have just accepted us for a mortgage and for a full bank account conversion from a basic account ..... Don't give up !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 pm
I was just worried that by accepting that after reading it, I was not going to be telling the truth
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:52 am
Even when you say yes they can still approve it ... They did us ...took a few extra days but was ok
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:46 am
ah right, that wasn't an option online, it was a I confirm I have never been bankrupt or in an arrangement with my creditors etc., x

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:05 pm
Lesley,you will need to get over this barrier at sometime and,unless you have just come off an iva....this is the time so just answer 'yes' to the questions and see if Halifax will say Yes to the Bank account.

Your fear for not going ahead need to be tested.This is the time.

I too is a Halifax mortgage customer.....however getting a full reward account after getting the Halifax mortgage is not the 'same situation' as in Lulu's case.

If Halifax says 'No' Lesley then you know at least where you stand.

I would answer truthfully and said you have had an arrangement with creditors
Misrepresentation is never justified....

I am loyal to my NW building society and so chose to stick to my Halifax easycash thingie for nonessential banking
Last edited by TzeKin on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 pm
I had no option to say yes, to continue you were just confirming you had never been bankrupt or in an arrangement with your creditors, at this point I clicked x in the corner as I couldn't answer honestly. I could've asked for online help I guess but their loss I'll stick with NatWest, I am happy with them was being greedy for the cash incentives.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:19 am
Halifax not all they are cracked up to be. We were with Nat West before IVA but as they were one of our creditors we had to switch so we chose Halifax. Over the 6 years we have been with them we have had our bank account hacked twice and both times we were treated as if we were telling lies and had just over spent. It took 10 days for the money to be put back into our account, lots of beans on toast that fortnight.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:39 pm
I changed to Halifax last year and changed back again pretty quickly - the 'free' money is nice but the customer service is pretty poor. I changed back to Nationwide and I find them much better.

I don't remember seeing a question about being BR - either I missed it and inadvertently lied or they've changed the wording.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 am
Probably best I leave it then and stay with NatWest as to be fair I'm more than happy was just being greedy!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”