Advised I can claim 2 remaining PPI refunds for myself after receiving CC. Is this right ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:33 am
I'm coming to the end of IVA, recently been told by IP to hold fire with remaining 2 PPI claims, 1 has been paid in to the IVA, but told to claim 2 remaining after receiving CC as it should come to me. Is this right?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:13 am
Perhaps the debts have been repaid in full but ultimately if your IP says it is fine then you should listen to them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:13 am
Thanks for you reply.

The original debt hasn't been paid in full, only the part agreed in the IVA is almost complete/paid. There is a good 30k being written off at the end of the IVA.

I thought that all PPi's have to be paid in, even if it takes you over the initial agreed amount to pay for the iva term (I thought this is seen as an asset-the ppi claims). I'm a bit confused and concerned as don't want anything to hold up the cc, at the same time if the IP is correct, it would be great to have the ppi claims at the end of completing the iva. The 1 ppi that has gone through is counting towards f&f if it is accepted.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 am
IPs are still treating PPI differently. In some cases it isn't economically sensible to pursue smaller claims, after claims companies have had their cut. Be guided by your IP.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:05 am
Hi

But get the advice to hold fire from your IP in an email or letter so that it doesn't come back to bite you later.
Are you speaking direct to the actual IP or a case worker ?

Regards
Andam Davies

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:31 am
Hi All, thanks for your responses.

I am speaking with the team (within FJ) that deals specifically with PPI's. They have told me that the rules have changed and to wait for CC. I'm not sure if it's a small claim PPi or not. The last 2 remaining PPi's are from the two mortgage accounts I had ( both of which I'd paid in to for 10 years). It's all really confusing, but will speak again with the IP to get further clarification and something in writing. Thanks for your help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 pm
Yes, PPI is far from straightforward !! I believe there are some IP's who consider PPI on secured loans outside of the IVA to be also outside of the IVA.

It's not so much rules changing, but the interpretations of the situation change. Indeed some IP's follow one route initially, then change tack completely a few weeks later ! So, as Andy suggests, it is best to get anything important in writing.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 pm
This does sound surprising. Its the IP's job to maximise the returns surely? I know someone who got a PPI of £20.000. Would not believe they could advise someone to keep it if it was in that region. I would want the persons name if I was advised to do this.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:17 pm
As others say get it in writing, that way you'll at least have some kind of proof should things change.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:29 pm
I know I'm surprised too. I had signed the paperwork for ppi claims to be completed by the ip around 2 years ago, as I didn't want any hold ups at the end. I was called by the relevant dept at Fj and told I should end the 2 out of 3 claims and restart them following the cc. I've had the documentation from the ip to say these clims have been discontinued. It was them that contacted me about it. I hope this isn't going to cause any hold ups as the end is in sight with the f&f being prep'd by fj. I will definitely get this in writing after your comments....thank you.

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 pm
Also, These 2 ppi claims are from a debt included in the iva. Both mortgage accounts were included as my marital home took a big slump in value , right at the start of the recession, it fell into negative equity right in the midst of a divorce. How will these ppis work if these accounts were in joint names ( mine and my ex husbands) I presume it will be a 50/50 split? Sorry for all the questions, it's really bothering me. I need the iva to end smoothly and soon. Thanks again.

Kate37

Post by Kate37 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 pm
Update: spoke with IP, they're sending written confirmation of the above (can claim PPis after CC) it is in the terms and conditions of my IVA. Thanks for your help as wouldn't have thought to gain this clarification otherwise :-)
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”