Business bank account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

flowerpot

Post by flowerpot » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 pm
Hi there,
Just having problem with Hubby trying to get a plain and simple business bank account for paying in, and at most a cheque book or bank transfer to make payments.

Have tried Co-op and they said no, even though Iva finished 2 yrs ago with F&F, and 6th yr anniversary has passed.

Only recently cleaned up experian account, could this be reason, although it all looks clean when we log on?

Can anyone suggest a high street bank who might help or maybe suggest why having problem?

Don't want credit card or overdraft or debit card for that matter.

Hubby has now had first agreement accepted for mobile phone contract and all other commitments are up to dare as always...

Bit baffled...

Xxx

flowerpot

Post by flowerpot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 pm
It would appear it's my husbands intended business partner who May gave unresolved credit issues.

Is it possible to search someone on the credit reference system, or do you know would our solicitor be able to do this perhaps if joe public can't ?

I looked on the insolvency register and he's not on there...

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:09 pm
...There are only two card-based business accounts that routinely accept people with a 'bad' credit file: 'Cash Plus' and 'Card One Banking'. Google them both, and see what you think.

Otherwise, Google 'Guaranteed Business Bank Account UK' and there are a plethora of firms who, for a fee, will aparently arrange an account with a High Street Bank.

Also something your accountant may be able to help with.

Good luck.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.

flowerpot

Post by flowerpot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:53 pm
Thanks, I've heard of card one banking.

I do wonder if it's good idea him going into business with this fella who seems to me like a car crash waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong, we've made bad decisions but faced up to them and dealt with it, this fella on other hand seems a liability already and they're not even trading yet.

Worries me!

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:16 pm
Hmm...

Cause for concern indeed. Has this guy left a trail of broken businesses in his wake, and made a career out of it? Is he some sort of confidence trixter, who has sold your husband the dream of super success, super quick etc. etc?...

You should certainly not go into business with someone unless they are open and honest with you about why they have bad credit.

Be careful you are not his next victim.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”