Surely I should have been told that I owed extra money at yearly reviews ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Shaun.43

Post by Shaun.43 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:47 am
Finished iva at Xmas 2014 have now been told I owe 8000 in additional income surely I should have been told each year at my yearly reviews that I owed extra money and not left it till the end now have to pay 538 pounds every month for 15 months if my creditors will agree at the up and coming variations meetings

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:52 am
I would of thought so! These are the things I dread as we ourselves near completion. Hope one of the professionals are along soon to give you some advice. Hope you get something sorted
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:49 am
Hi Shaun. Yes, this should have been picked up at annual reviews and probably has come to light now on a final review.

However, on the other side of the coin, it could be argued that the IVA is yours and it is your responsibility to make these extra payments as they arise, as per the agreed terms. Have you been declaring overtime monthly and pay rises as they occur ?

So, fault on both sides really and I don't think either of you can take the higher ground.

I would insist on seeing the variation before it is put to the creditors to ensure the wording reflects the true situation and that the IP shoulders some of the responsibility too.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”