Due to incompetence of GT we are being bullied into another 3 year IVA. We need help !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Charlotte.d

Post by Charlotte.d » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 pm
We entered into an iva sept 08. First 4 years paying £314/month then the last year was in erased to £714. So October 2013 should of been finished, oh no!!! A year into the iva Baines & Ernst sold our iva to Grant Thornton. Nothing changed, payments still the same, however what we found out in 2012 was that one of the creditors was not getting there 25p/£ and that they wanted to increase by another year @ £714!!!! Fine agreed to that but GT forgot to increase the iva by that further year. Payments ended in October 2013 so I rang them and a whole can of worms has opened up. Personally we think that Baines & Ernst messed up re the debt from the creditors sold the iva and brushed it under the carpet & now for their income incompetences were being bullied into another 3 year iva if not they saying it could fail!! Their saying we still owe £18k!!!! We want an end to this. Told us to go for ppi acknowledged there was ppi there but now saying it's not & that we've had it, we haven't. I've chased EIC and nothing!!!! Where do we stand we need help to get out of this, we've done everything they have asked of us, never missed a payment but still being punished.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 am
You need to sit down with GT and sort this out as it sounds very confusing and complicated. It may even be worth getting independent legal advice if your IVA is being failed but I think a meeting with GT would be best.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:23 pm
These horror stories really worry me. I hope it gets sorted in your favour as it sounds like you have lived up to your side of the arrangement.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”